• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Overclocking Q6600 Not Working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twisted4000

Hello, I have a Q6600 quad-core which is stocked at 2.4GHz, and in the past I was able to overclock it very easily, but recently, when I would overclock it even slightly, the PC will just blue-screen and reset as it's starting up. This was ever since I flashed my motherboard, which was an attempt to fix some graphics card problem I was having (which didn't even work, but it's unrelated).

I have a Gigabyte P45T-ES3G motherboard and a 650w PSU. My PC plays games and does intensive work just as fine as it always has, it's just this OC'ing problem I've been having is all. I tried resetting my coin-battery, re-installing my motherboard's chipset, and so on. Any ideas?

Last edited:
If there was an older BIOS version that allowed to to overclock easily, then flash back to that version. I'd at least start there.

did you replace the cmos battery? if you have had it about 4-5yrs now i would do so. also what brand/model psu are you using? psu or cap aging on psu's can cause the pc to restart when things start loading up or getting stressed to the max.

did you replace the cmos battery? if you have had it about 4-5yrs now i would do so. also what brand/model psu are you using? psu or cap aging on psu's can cause the pc to restart when things start loading up or getting stressed to the max.

I did not try replacing the battery, I've had this motherboard for about 2 years. The PSU I am using isn't quite a super high-end one, nor do I think it's a cheapy, but it's an Ultra LSP650 pro (650w). It's possible it COULD be the coin battery, though I seriously doubt it because that would have to be extremely coincidental since this is all apparently happening immediately after I flashed my BIOS.

A new battery can't hurt. If you unplug the PC for 30 minutes, then plug it back in, does it have the correct date & time?

I also think you need to perform a verified successful BIOS flash to be sure your current BIOS isn't somewhat corrupt.

A new battery can't hurt. If you unplug the PC for 30 minutes, then plug it back in, does it have the correct date & time?

I also think you need to perform a verified successful BIOS flash to be sure your current BIOS isn't somewhat corrupt.

x2 but also do a deep cmos clear. remove the cmos battery and disconnect the power from the power supply, let it sit for 30mins min to and hr.

I tried flashing the BIOS to a different version, but now none of them are working, when I open them up they just say "This is not compatible with the version of Windows you are using", even though they say they support all OS's.

And the original flash I did was just the "Q-Flash" feature in the BIOS menu.

Back