• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W DH Overclocking Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
that quote from me was from awhile ago when I said that when someone from XS forums said up to 1.55 was safe for 24/7 usage, but I still have seen no problems running more juice through it, hasn't started to degrade yet, and as long as I get 2 years from this chip i'll be happy!

Super Nade said:
I'm gonna stop at 1.525 VCore. If the chip burns up, I'll just have to do without a computer for several months. :)

Bows.....you got balls dude. :eek:

It's been 9 months since posting in this thread. Has anyone had any problems with chips failing or boards giving out from OCing ?

Dragonprince said:
It's been 9 months since posting in this thread. Has anyone had any problems with chips failing or boards giving out from OCing ?
No problems here. I've been running 1.55v since the 6600's came out and haven't had a single issue, setup still runs strong! I might lap this chip and see if I get better temps. I'm probably going to give this board and chip to my son and get myself a quad core setup when the next round of price cuts hit.

Hi, I'm new here...my mobo is a P5W-DH Deluxe and I use overclock profiles for a QX6700 which don't seem quite convincing as it crashes under load @ 3.33GHz and 333 FSB...
In the end, I'd like to reach 3.73 GHz if possible... for a start, what voltage do you think is good in order to get 333 MHz FSB stable? (I'll go through manual overclock this time)

Back