• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Penyn CPU list!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just read a review of the X38 Chipset on Tom's. . . NO SLI support at least at first and it looks like its a poor overclocking chipset. They only got it to 485FSB. Take it for what its worth.

Z

I saw a review that showed the Gigabyte X38 chipset version doing 505 FSB. I've seen others doing 550 FSB (think it was on the XS forum). The Asus and Abit versions of the X38 are really looking favorable. I think the X38 will turn out to be an excellent clocker. Guess we'll see once they are released. I don't put much stock in Tom's article anymore.

Mmm, thanks for the link Kuroimaho.

Good to know that P965 chipsets can run Penryn, but need a BIOS update.

Which means they may not do one to sell their newer boards. :bang head

I agree with batboy. . I looked up so more info and it seems others are fairing far better than 485FSB. Think I'll wait and see when it arrives just how good it is. I'm betting the Penryn is going to be a screamer.

Z

PS:As I said take it for what it's worth. Tom's is hit or miss with me.

X38 does a 550+ plus FSB but the heat on these quads must be amazing, even at stock! stupidly hot, although those dual cores look quite nice for a springtime b-day present... Quad core is just a bit ott for me atm. I dont like noisy fans and I cant do plumbing XD so that out.

Back