• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phanteks Enthoo Primo LESS than $250 (Watercooling Case)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
joo gots it I'll do a rebuild log as I dont see my innards changing anytime soon with the imho disappointment IB and HW has been. I mean look at my sig is there anything you'd change in it??? There's not a game I cant play maxed out, specially when I game at 1080p

I'll probably sound noobish, but I can't understand all the hype about these big boxes. They can have a lot of space for rads, superior cable management, etc..., but they are eventually big black aluminium/steel boxes.
They are obviously way better than the many obnoxious "gaming cases" that look like starships from a Sci-Fi C-movie, but they lack a soul.

The Switch 810 has some "personality" and the Phantom cases are, IMHO, (some of) the best ones in terms of design.

joo gots it I'll do a rebuild log as I dont see my innards changing anytime soon with the imho disappointment IB and HW has been. I mean look at my sig is there anything you'd change in it??? There's not a game I cant play maxed out, specially when I game at 1080p

Yeah I hear ya. A lot of folks are saying that the Haswell isn't even OCing well compared to the Ivy. I am going to upgrade to the 4770k I think from the i7 950. I was even thinking of a Ivy-E (6 core) after they release in September but that would be a added $300+ price tag to the wish list so I am not sure.

As for you, you look like you have some good gear and don't really need an upgrade. If you want to push your machine than go Eyefinity. :p I am sure that will push your machine otherwise in the mean time you can throw anything at it @1080p. Can't wait for BF4. :clap: Soon the games I believe will be more demanding since console finally is moving on from the stone age as most gaming companies are going to be pushing the envelope finally.

gotta agree with ya there a tad. they are just big boxes for the most part but thats where putting your own spin on things makes them have personality. I myself detest the phantoms looks well maybe detest is to strong a word but I'll leave it out there. I dont mind plastic on a case as long as its decent quality and NZXT excells there. But the phantom imho is just to much with that domedish top.

already have BF4 pre-ordered cant wait either :D

I'll probably sound noobish, but I can't understand all the hype about these big boxes. They can have a lot of space for rads, superior cable management, etc..., but they are eventually big black aluminium/steel boxes.
They are obviously way better than the many obnoxious "gaming cases" that look like starships from a Sci-Fi C-movie, but they lack a soul.

The Switch 810 has some "personality" and the Phantom cases are, IMHO, (some of) the best ones in terms of design.

Well because majority of the cases never really catered to custom water cooling and we are finally seeing the light from mainstream companies. So its exciting to most of us or at least for me.

already have BF4 pre-ordered cant wait either :D

I'll eventually play the Beta in September. Than pre-order or just grab it on release. I really want to grab Premium.

gotta agree with ya there a tad. they are just big boxes for the most part but thats where putting your own spin on things makes them have personality. I myself detest the phantoms looks well maybe detest is to strong a word but I'll leave it out there. I dont mind plastic on a case as long as its decent quality and NZXT excells there. But the phantom imho is just to much with that domedish top.

Clearly you can build some awesome custom loops or some astonishing paint jobs. Maybe they're really for uber-enthusiasts and I can't fully grasp the potentiality.

In any case, I've been dreaming about a Phantom/Switch build for months (as you can see in my sig). I somewhat fell in love with their shiny white plastics :D

PS: you have a Xfire of 7970 and a SB i7, don't think you have to upgrade something :)

yup there finally catering to us water coolers more. My only reason for upgrading my case is because i can and my switch is getting battle scarred abit from moving about and constantly tinkering in it lol. I think the side panels have been off more than on lol. What I'd like to see in a case is the option to change out drives without having to pull a side panel off for a change.

What I'd like to see in a case is the option to change out drives without having to pull a side panel off for a change.

I love the HD hotswap in front of the 800D. I know what you mean.

I wish more information would hurry and surface about this case. I m so anxious to pick it up, but some other cases are nagging at my impatience.

You might find more with Google etc and seeing if any test builds have been done by using Google. That is up to you. Once the NDA opens up I'm sure we will see reviews. Well, just wait. Takes time. I like the case design, in 3-4 months we'll know.

I never rush it, it's just a home PC. When your ready buy what you want, do the research.

I waited 2 months for a product release, and then wait for it to be on a slow boat from Italy after ordering for 45 days, been through that. It was a case BTW.

But before I ordered I made sure, and since it was an early release, once received, fixed an issue with holes back to the manufacturer.

Wait till others get it or buy something else. Best happy bet.:thup:

Don't get me wrong its a nice case but not a huge fan of the tight room. It feels like the old typical cases where everything is tight fit with no room left once you're H20 loop is installed. ButI guess its still a case to get if you don't have the funds for bigger cases.

Than I guess I can safely say I am "overkill". :rofl: Build updates coming soon. :D

OK so I finally have a Enthoo Primo locked up and on its way to me. For now its going to be a simple case swap with a redo of water setup later next year after I get back to work. I'm out on short term disability atm so funds are tight. But this Primo came at the right cost point. Guy was selling it for 150$ local in cali, but offered to ship if buyer wanted to pay it. I pm'd him got a quoate for shipping and bamm it was out of my pocketbook range. but during the course of pm exchanges I asked if he was looking for a smaller case as he stated he impulsed bought forgetting he has to pack up his small car every few months and move. I mentioned I had a HAF XB that was just collecting cobwebs in my closet to which he replied he was looking for one but this local fry's had just sold the last one. I was like hmm ok lets talk. Anywho longer story shortened I'm getting his Primo for my HAF Xb a 120GB Corsair SSD and we each pay our own shipping. Which for me was under 35$. So I'm getting a primo in my eyes for 35$ as those other parts were just sitting there doing nothing lol. I'm stoked beyond belief.

That's great news S_I_N !

I've had mine for awhile now but haven't got it built yet. Made a castor base for ease of moving and airflow to bottom fans.
basefrtqtr30mm_edited_3_zps4df7a060.jpg
basetop30mm_edited_3_zps59836f37.jpg

Love the case but not pleased with bottom venting.
The left side (where filters pop out) has no functional venting, right side is a series of 36 slots 3x15mm, front is 5 slots 10x30mm and back is 147x35mm.. total area of 91.35sq cm including 2mm base to floor clearance. A single 120mm fan has an area of 100sq cm.

Front vent is also very restrictive.. and others have commented it is hard to clean the grille. Solution is remove the grille. Difference is hardly noticeable unless you look real close and see the grille framework with black filter behind it.

Last edited:
nice caster base there. I've seen another one that looks similar. Bottom intake wont be an issue for me as my case will sit on a wire mesh stand next to my desk where my current Switch 810 resides. I'm going to build in it right away got a guy who wants my case so were going to do a trade. I'm going to redo it sometime next year when $$$ allows after i'm back at work. I want to try rigid tubing and maybe try and squeeze another rad in it somewhere.

photo_zps9c576508.jpg

Airflow on your wire mesh stand will definitely not be a problem. :D
If I can ever afford to go H2O it will be with rigid tubing. To me it looks much cleaner and neater.
You can definitely fit more than a 420 and 280 in the EP.

I have the Alphacool 420mm UT60 and 280mm UT60

yeah i know it'll fit more rads lol but of the 120mm flavor I like the 140mm ones better just nit picky I guess lol

Back