• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phanteks Enthoo Primo LESS than $250 (Watercooling Case)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nope it was a because I can thing lol. I made a trade with a guy on [H] for the rez, he also had that monsta 240. Which 240mm rad is all that will fit in the front without modding opti bays, so I made another deal with him for the monsta. Before temps were 34 cpu 30 each gpu idle, under load with prime95 45min run hottest core was 61 heaving gaming session gpus never went above 45. Right now (no stress's ran yet) idle temps are 30cpu 26 both gpu's gonna fire up prime in a bit and do a 45min run and see what goes. But we all no more rads dont always mean lower temps I just did it for ****s and giggles and I've been wanting to clean up the tubing as I had it running everywhere before due to dual loops.

ok prime95 for n hour cpu hottest core 56 :) so looking like a 4c drop overall for temps with the 3rd rad. GPU's seem to of made out better lol ran the gpu test from gpu-z for 45mins gpu1 37 gpu2 39 very nice indeed lol.

I should mention front 240mm monsta rad had fans in push on 12v havent put them on a controller yet. Using 140mm spectre pro's in the front of the case and took 2 old 120mm coolermaster sickle flows and cut the fan out making fan spacers with them. The rest of the fans for the 280 and 420 as well as the rear exhaust are being controlled PWM thru the cpu header on the mobo. I can actually see them ramp up due to the leds on them when I put the system under load. Now to see about getting another PWM controller like the one that comes with the case for the other fans lol. Its only 2 additional fans but Phanteks makes it clear no more than 11 fans on their included controller.

ok prime95 for n hour cpu hottest core 56 :) so looking like a 4c drop overall for temps with the 3rd rad. GPU's seem to of made out better lol ran the gpu test from gpu-z for 45mins gpu1 37 gpu2 39 very nice indeed lol.

I should mention front 240mm monsta rad had fans in push on 12v havent put them on a controller yet. Using 140mm spectre pro's in the front of the case and took 2 old 120mm coolermaster sickle flows and cut the fan out making fan spacers with them. The rest of the fans for the 280 and 420 as well as the rear exhaust are being controlled PWM thru the cpu header on the mobo. I can actually see them ramp up due to the leds on them when I put the system under load. Now to see about getting another PWM controller like the one that comes with the case for the other fans lol. Its only 2 additional fans but Phanteks makes it clear no more than 11 fans on their included controller.

Nice! Glad your temps dropped. CPU's are so emo. I am sure once the right fans are put in place your temps will improve a bit in the loop. Nice drop on the GPUs though. 5c-8c Delta on load? Tells us! lol

Also if you need something affordable for PWM, this will work as well if you can't get more than 1 Phantek PWM hub.

Beware, with all this space your eyes will get bigger than your budget. ;) You will love it.

Or the other way around. With all this space his budget will get bigger. LOL At least that's what is happening with me. lawl

Nice! Glad your temps dropped. CPU's are so emo. I am sure once the right fans are put in place your temps will improve a bit in the loop. Nice drop on the GPUs though. 5c-8c Delta on load? Tells us! lol

Also if you need something affordable for PWM, this will work as well if you can't get more than 1 Phantek PWM hub.

actually I have 2 of those already but they control pwm fans the phanteks controller allows your non pwm fans to be controlled as if they were pwm. Its powered by a 4pin molex takes its signal control from the 4pin cpu header (or any pwm header) from your mobo has one channel for a single fan to read speed. Then thru its circuitry spins up or down the other 5 channels which support 2 fans each.

so delta lol I dont normally worry about that as I just run my quick tests if I'm happy I go on about the day lol.

Room temp is 75f or 25c

cpu 56c minus room temp 25c makes it a 31c delta temp
gpu1 37c minus 25c room temp makes it a 12c delta temp
gpu2 39c minus 25c room temp makes it a 14c delta temp

and I have the right fans in place lol I only run 140mm thee days. The only reason for the 240mm rad is its all that will fit the front without modding the optical bays. These spectre pro fans are da ****z bro they have never really been givin the rep they are due. And now they make a PWM version that has an even higher static pressure to them, imho making them the best 140mm rad fan available. I thought about grabbing a few Corsair SP fans (for the 240) but in reality their numbers suck compared to these.

I am thinking this for the build:
A monsta rad 480mm push/pull on bottom
A photon rez/pump combo
A XSPC Raystorm cpu block
uv blue tubing
phanteks blue led pwm fans

I am thinking this for the build:
A monsta rad 480mm push/pull on bottom
A photon rez/pump combo
A XSPC Raystorm cpu block
uv blue tubing
phanteks blue led pwm fans

List looks good.

Take a look at primochills advanced colored tubing and get good radiator fans. Most don't come with the fancy bling but are silent with good static pressure.

Received my new case and all I can say is :shock::shock:
This thing is a beast in size
Can't wait to start a build log on this sucker :attn::attn:

Yes, its massive. But its also awesome! lol I am still in love with this thing and the space for WC equipment is second to none at this price point. (Even better than some cases that cost even more!)

Mayhaps I was, mayhaps I wasn't! :p

Hope you know the 900D is in its own class. "ATX Super Tower Case" ;)

The Enthoo, even though its a great priced case is ONLY a "ATX Full Tower".

Just saying. :D :p

Back