• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phanteks Enthoo Primo LESS than $250 (Watercooling Case)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
SIN,

Can you please measure from the lower radiator to the motherboard for me. I want to know how many inches are there total. I appreciate if you can help me out. Thanks

Bruce

If its space your worried about, I can tell you that i got an Alphacool Monsta 480 with push/pull, and i still got a decent amount of space left over.

Im not sure if this is what you need to know, but i'll show anyway.

REMEMBER TAPE MEASURE IS IN METRIC!!! Centimetres!
2014-01-04 12.09.57 (Custom).jpg
2014-01-04 12.10.22 (Custom).jpg

Last edited:
My case came in today and WOW is it big. It almost doesn't fit under my desk it's so big! I already ran into a problem with it though. I took the front fan cover off and now it won't go back in. I saw a couple reviewers that had problems with this but they didn't go into much detail on how to over come it. Anyone have a way to get around this?

BugFreak,
Did you push in until it clicked loose and fell open?i Mine takes quite a hard push to get it to click

Thanks for that. You weren't kidding on pushing hard, they really need to improve that. One still won't engage but I can deal with that.

Yea, the filters really do take some effort to engage the latches for release/reattachment, but I'd rather have that than have them loose and vibrating to be honest.

And yea, this thing is HUGE, it makes my build look tiny, can't wait until more of my stuff comes in next week to start filling it out :)

Indeed.
The push latches loosen up with use and if one breaks it can be replaced.

Take a look at the bottom. It's kinda scary how little venting there is to feed bottom fans... I measured it all out and found about 117sq cm of vent area.. 120mm circle has an area of 113sq cm.

My solution is 6x 30mm casters on a 10mm thick x 35mm wide frame with center opening the same size as inside of base. :D
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7597737&postcount=36

Have made some with 40mm castors too.
1b2417c9-f814-48a9-a415-cfbb7b1776c6_zps6213f507.jpg

If its space your worried about, I can tell you that i got an Alphacool Monsta 480 with push/pull, and i still got a decent amount of space left over.

Im not sure if this is what you need to know, but i'll show anyway.

REMEMBER TAPE MEASURE IS IN METRIC!!! Centimetres!
View attachment 137126
View attachment 137125

SIN and Pierre3400

Thanks you for taking the time to answer my question. Yes indeed, I got 80mm Monsta radiator with p/p delta 120x38 high power delta fan 5500rpm pwm. Height would be around 6.1 inches total. So, I am good there, as far as clearance go.

SIN and Pierre3400

Thanks you for taking the time to answer my question. Yes indeed, I got 80mm Monsta radiator with p/p delta 120x38 high power delta fan 5500rpm pwm. Height would be around 6.1 inches total. So, I am good there, as far as clearance go.

Not a problem at all, even with the 38mm thick fans.

How did you guys run your tubing using the pump stand behind the motherboard tray? It seems it will take some considerable angles to do so.

Also it seems the front filter mount latches on mine are duds. The one that I was able to get to engage is now not locking at all. Nothing a little velcro won't fix but still an issue. Overall I love the case though and after modding my last case over the past years I can see that this case will last a long time without many mods (if any) as long as it stays together.

I'll be moving my pump back there this next week with luck and all parts arriving so I can answer better then. My latches are duds as well for the front filter luckily I took the ones off my switch 810 and there working perfectly. But I have contacted Phanteks about it, got a response right away on the issue but nothing since providing receipt. Which was before Christmas, going on its the short staff holiday option and going to give it some time for the reply.

I have the FrozenQ Blue coming an XSPC D5 pump top and a 240mm Monsta rad coming for some changes to my whole setup. No longer gonna have dual loops but will have more rad space than is needed but I think it'll work good as one rad wont even be seen so it should stay clean looking.

Let me know how you do it. It almost looks like you could run the tube through the larger wire management hole but then the top discharge hole on my D5 w/ Alphacool top won't line up with the small hole in the chassis. I guess you could run both tubes through the lower hole but that would look like poo imo. This is assuming you are not putting a radiator down there like I am not. I'm using a monsta 240 in the front and a UT60 360 on the top.

420mm ut60 top push pull 280mm ut60 bottom push pull 240mm monsta push for sure maybe push pull Got a good deal ojn the 240 when I got the FrozenQ as well lol only reason I'm doing it.

The first day of the build. Believe it or not that is with most of it's parts and cables in there. Wire management is just amazing with this case. Tubing and top rad arrive next week but the monsta 240 is in the front.

Attachments

• build1.JPG
    build1.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 89
And the build continues...

Leak testing done and everything seems to be running good. I've never had a pc so quiet I can hear the pump so this is quite nice.

Because of the build design plus all the extras you get with this case I'm convinced this case is showing one of two things:
1. Most case companies are grossly overcharging for their cases or
2. Phanteks is losing their shirt on this case just to make a name for themselves.

Just a great case and the only one I would recommend for anyone planning a custom water cooling loop with today's hardware.

..and yes the hdd will be moving as soon as I get the mounts.

Attachments

• completed.JPG
    completed.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 73
Nice job BugFreak.

Indeed,
Phanteks has shown us what cases should be like and what they should cost. As for loosing their shirt... well I believe they getting themselves more shirts. :D

CES 2014 opened with Phanteks showing two new cases, special editions of Enthoo Primo and Enthoo Primo White.

Phanteks CES 2014 - Special Edition Enthoo Primo

Phanteks CES 2014 - Enthoo Luxe

Phanteks CES 2014 - Enthoo PRO

Did some piddling started thursday adding the 3rd rad and going from dual loops on a bay rez to a single loop with a tube rez. Had a big air bubble burp that splashed a decent amount of water onto the lower rad so I've been letting it air dry with a couple fans blowing on it for 2 days. I'll say this I like the looks of tube rez's but dayum are they hard to fill lol took me over an hour to get it full enough to start the rock/shake/twist to get air released. My bay rez I could be back into windows within 30mins of starting its so easy to fill lol.

photo4_zpsacbe96b5.jpg

photo3_zpsab24ed40.jpg

Did some piddling started thursday adding the 3rd rad and going from dual loops on a bay rez to a single loop with a tube rez. Had a big air bubble burp that splashed a decent amount of water onto the lower rad so I've been letting it air dry with a couple fans blowing on it for 2 days. I'll say this I like the looks of tube rez's but dayum are they hard to fill lol took me over an hour to get it full enough to start the rock/shake/twist to get air released. My bay rez I could be back into windows within 30mins of starting its so easy to fill lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/S_I_N/photo4_zpsacbe96b5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/S_I_N/photo3_zpsab24ed40.jpg

Did you have cooling issues since you got the 3rd Rad?

photo4_zpsacbe96b5.jpg

photo3_zpsab24ed40.jpg

Nice rig SIN! Love the raddage. There's never enough. :D

Did you have cooling issues since you got the 3rd Rad?

nope it was a because I can thing lol. I made a trade with a guy on [H] for the rez, he also had that monsta 240. Which 240mm rad is all that will fit in the front without modding opti bays, so I made another deal with him for the monsta. Before temps were 34 cpu 30 each gpu idle, under load with prime95 45min run hottest core was 61 heaving gaming session gpus never went above 45. Right now (no stress's ran yet) idle temps are 30cpu 26 both gpu's gonna fire up prime in a bit and do a 45min run and see what goes. But we all no more rads dont always mean lower temps I just did it for ****s and giggles and I've been wanting to clean up the tubing as I had it running everywhere before due to dual loops.

photo1_zps1595820c.jpg

Back