• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phanteks Enthoo Primo LESS than $250 (Watercooling Case)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was looking into getting new case few weeks ago. I am glad I have not purchased new case. I am also glad I look into this case and I 100% in love with this one and the price is very good as well. I am gonna keep my EX360mm top mount and Alphacool Monsta dual 120mm bottom mount 80mm thick. 5 high power Delta fan on radiator. 3.1 inche thick monsta radiator and 38mm thick (1.5) inche delta fan total of 4.6 inche. this setup is freaking massive when you looking at it.

Last edited:
Mine just came in this morning. I don't have all of my water cooling equipment in yet, but I'll be moving my build as is into the case before long while I acquire all of the necessary equipment to get my loop running in this beast.

I'll also be modding the LED's to change them to red instead of that lame blue color lol

actually the blue is a very dark blue and looks real nice. My blue led fans are a different hue than the cases but thru the smoked window they balance out to be near perfect in intensity. I'm loving it so far.

Mine just came in this morning. I don't have all of my water cooling equipment in yet, but I'll be moving my build as is into the case before long while I acquire all of the necessary equipment to get my loop running in this beast.

I'll also be modding the LED's to change them to red instead of that lame blue color lol

Mine was only just shipped this morning :(

I plan on changing all LED light to white LEDs

I should of but I really wanted to do it justice and since all I did was move the stuff from one case to another and replace my tubing I felt it would be a boring build log lol.

@S.I.N
Pfft no such thing.... :) Post pics of the finished build. I never get tired of seeing builds. I'm sure others agree- (I posted pics of my upgrade in the WC pic thread) put yours in there...

@Pierre3400
Sweetness... Subscribed!

Armani

actually the blue is a very dark blue and looks real nice. My blue led fans are a different hue than the cases but thru the smoked window they balance out to be near perfect in intensity. I'm loving it so far.

Thats cool.. but I am not a fan of blue, especially for case lighting. The reading I've done seems to indicate that swapping the strips is really, really simple, and swapping the LED's on the power button is just some basic soldering work.

I will probably start moving my current, air cooled build into the machine today or tomorrow. I suppose I could do up a build log to go along with it since there will be water involved in the near future lol.

For you guys who are switching the LEDs please post how easy or hard that is. This case looks great but I have no interest in blue LEDs.

Got my build as is (still on air :() swapped into my Primo after work.. The cable management in this thing is ridiculous.

20131231_185842.jpg

Very clean build there. The motherboard looks so small with all that space.

Also can someone measure the space in between the top of the case to the top of the motherboard please?

Last edited:
Theres a good 70-75mm of space there. Enough for a 60mm thick rad, and possibly fans inside if the fans clear the edge of the motherboard. Theres also room enough for another set of fans above the roof of the case and the grate there for 4 120mm fans or 3 140mm fans.

This case is designed for water cool. I know, you said you going to water cool in the future. This is a awesome case. I will be getting one myself soon as well.

But for air cool, the setup is looking terrible, to much space left wide open, and look to plain. Air cool with large heatsink, NXZT phantom enthusisat full tower is execellent choice. Here is my previous air cooled rig, NZXT Phantom full tower. Sample full size air cool case.

Image2.jpg

Theres a good 70-75mm of space there. Enough for a 60mm thick rad, and possibly fans inside if the fans clear the edge of the motherboard. Theres also room enough for another set of fans above the roof of the case and the grate there for 4 120mm fans or 3 140mm fans.
Thanks for that. My current case is not working out for my new build so I just ordered one from newegg. Can't beat the free shipping on that beast from the egg! :attn:

ok heres the pics I said I'd do lol Changes planned are swap out the dual bay dual d5 rez for a tube rez and single d5 and most likely going single loop. Add another rad to the case to allow even lower rpms on fans even though the ones I have are quiet on the speed there at. Also with the change will be rigid tubing for a cleaner look (hopefully). Still need to check with my bios and see how I can make the fans ramp up under load. the settings I've seen are a tad greek so gotta research that. But anywho on the the pics. Also sleeve those damn red wires.

photo1_zps1595820c.jpg

photo_zps8e701e62.jpg

I now cable management is a bit lax but I wanted to get it back up and running quickly.

For those with long gpu's like me heres a pic of how I made the cover for the rez bracket work. I held it in position where it would bolt in and marked it with a sharpie then notched the plastic with my dremel. Kinda like a gpu support now lol. But I think it looks better in the case versus some builds I've seen where they either leave out the bracket or leave the plastic part off showing the holes.

photo2_zps6f2edd9a.jpg

Last edited:
SIN,

Can you please measure from the lower radiator to the motherboard for me. I want to know how many inches are there total. I appreciate if you can help me out. Thanks

Bruce

I think I understand what ur asking but you do realize that the rad sits about 2.25inches in front of the mobo So your not going to have any issues with thick rads. But from the bracket for the 280mm rad for the bottom its 6 inches from that to the ledge and another 1.5 inches to the bottom edge of the actual board I'd say the bracket for the 280mm rad is about .5 inches so all together its roughly 8 inches. but again the mobo is set back about 2.25 inches. So unless you had a wide card inthe lowest pci slot aint nothing going to interfere with you going beyond the 8inches in height. been trying to take a good pic for ya with a ruler in there but its hard with it all setup lol.

Back