• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

phenom 965 OC (reaching the sweetspot)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes you did add a ton of voltage. I hope you're not planning on running that daily at 1.52v !

Yes you did add a ton of voltage. I hope you're not planning on running that daily at 1.52v !

haha... i have to add even more voltage then that to stabilize at 4.0... it will boot and load into windows at 4.2 with 1.4875v, but it won't stabilize at 4.0 till i shove 1.5625 down the vcore. 3.9 takes 1.4875, and 3.8 (my day to day) takes 1.4375.

i'm pretty comfortable with temps at 3.9 though the voltages are a bit high, 4.0 makes me nervous; it runs hot even when idling, and prime pushes it right up against the thermal ceiling... it comes down to how cool the room is as to if i can keep it at 4.0 for any length of time. that said, 3.8 is quite close to stock voltages and runs cool temps, so i keep it at 3.8 for my day to day.

Same here Azanimefan. 3.9 is as high as I like it for day to day. My board has the LLC options so it runs around 1.45 unless under heavy load then upt to 1.475 ish. Lately it's at default since I'm just using it for a HTPC but that may change soon.

Turns out the temps were too high even on a closed loop watercooler. I had to take down the voltage and unfortunately the 4.0 clock as well.

Back