• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Phenom II 965 125w (at what voltage is it risky) | 4GHz goal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
and that is why i have a air cooler ;)
radiators should only be for serious OCing, now for extreme there is liquid helium
if you don't really need a radiator, you should not have one
edit: prime is still going on 2.5hrs

i expected it to crash at about 1hr and 10 min
4Gz stable was 1.4125 and 4.1GHz was 1.45 a difference of 0.375
1.45+.0375=1.4875
i think i am at 1.4850 so i am surprised

The voltage jumps hardly ever seem to be even, especially when you really start pushing. You may find .035 @ 4.2 works and then to get to 4.3 you may need .1, I'm just using it as an example. It's just the nature of the beast, there will become a point where the amount of Cpu V it takes to get to the next level just isn't worth it. That can only be determined by you though. Nice clocks BTW.

thanks
i am questioning my sig, i have been running a 1.3125 according to my bios for 3.7 or months
will probably start messing with the bus multiplier next to see how high i can get and still keep the cpu stepping feature
edit: i think it is just a typo

edit: 4.2GHz maxes at 55C with the cpu fan policy on performance instead of silent (that is with the gpu under load adding head to the case)

Last edited:
Back