• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am not the boss here but AFAIK pictures from any camera are welcome. What matters is the composition and subject matter and thought that went into it.

I like the pictures because it reminds me of the climb to Mount Baldy at Philmont Scout Ranch. (At 12,441 feet I suppose it's a 12er ;) )

- - - Updated - - -

I can now pot the other side of the moon. :D

View attachment 197508
Makes sense.

Those are from Pikes Peak, via Barr Trail. The orientation is towards Manitou Springs and Colorado Springs. [emoji4]

Nice. I followed the Flicker link and saw (among other things) a picture of a robin. I thought you might enjoy a picture of a redtailed hawk trying to figure out "where did that darn squirrel go?"
DSC_4424-PP.JPG

Nice. I followed the Flicker link and saw (among other things) a picture of a robin. I thought you might enjoy a picture of a redtailed hawk trying to figure out "where did that darn squirrel go?"
View attachment 197786

Oh, that's a hilarious picture! Great composition as well.

Funny story about that robin picture, I actually took that while standing in the garden tub of my master bathroom. It was in the bradford pear that used to be RIGHT outside of the window.

It started to snow pretty heavy this morning so I thought I'd snap a few pictures.

Flicker link
26447060927_52b1958459_b.jpg

I set the aperture as wide as it goes for my 55-250mm lens (f/22) and set the exposure to 1/4. Was tricky to hold the camera still enough to look good, but I think I did good.
40423035065_14ecf54907_b.jpg

What do you guys use to touch up pictures? Lightroom? Photoshop?

Snow?!? Wow! Nice shots S_P. Really like the 2nd one.

I use Lightroom ver.4.4. I think version 6 is out there now.

It started to snow pretty heavy this morning so I thought I'd snap a few pictures.

What do you guys use to touch up pictures? Lightroom? Photoshop?

Wow! I've tried to capture heavy snow and it never looks as heavy in the picture as it does looking out the window. It must have really been coming down. It's snowing here at the moment (Chicago 'burbs) but not nearly as hard. I'm reluctant to swap out the snow tires.

I use The Gimp. Free S/W that comes with Linux. I'm pretty sure there are Windows and Mac OS versions available too.

No time to feel depressed when your being licked, chewed and jumped all over.
They fell asleep on my feet and I had to climb out to take the photo.
I just thought ten apprentice sheep dogs isn't something you see often. :)

Back