• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry Hokie I know this thread is getting off topic and that bugs everyone. Last one for the day.

Here's a pic of my TV during the weather report. IMG_133473168016480_zps542f3176.jpg

This weekend I'll be headed to the Detroit Autoshow. This is something that the wife and I have been doing for about 12 years now. Long story short I usually get some pretty nice shots. Here are 2 from last year.

Nikon P100|f/2.8|1/30|ISO200|Focal 5mm|Flash
DSCN2138_zpsc200997a.jpg

Nikon P100|f/2.8|1/38|ISO160|Focal 5mm|Flash
DSCN2183_zpscf3ae732.jpg

This weekend I'll be headed to the Detroit Autoshow. This is something that the wife and I have been doing for about 12 years now. Long story short I usually get some pretty nice shots. Here are 2 from last year.

Nikon P100|f/2.8|1/30|ISO200|Focal 5mm|Flash
DSCN2138_zpsc200997a.jpg

Nikon P100|f/2.8|1/38|ISO160|Focal 5mm|Flash
DSCN2183_zpscf3ae732.jpg

Wow! Now that's a nice car! :D

Wonder how many Bitcoins it would take to buy one... :p

The cobra shot looks a little orange'ish, but hints that it's supposed to be red. It might be more interesting if you got it at more of an angle too. (Not criticizing, just trying to help.) That second shot is great!

Ya I'm not sure what to do about the orange all the shots of the red cars turned out like that, with or without the flash. Not sure if it was the lighting in the building or what. I didn't realize that I caught the flash reflection until the next day. Oh well, still a good shot for an amatur.

I need to learn photoshop a little better to cuz I'd like to blur the group of people in the background to help emphasize the car. But who has time to learn more software when I'm working all day and benching all night?

Oh and I don't mind criticism as long as it's helpful. :)

Nice flower shots. Enjoy your trip; come back with photos. :D

No pics likely - working out of town during the week for the rest of the month, at least. I do have a point and shoot with me just in case though! Still have stuff planned for the weekends, time permitting.

Ya I'm not sure what to do about the orange all the shots of the red cars turned out like that, with or without the flash. Not sure if it was the lighting in the building or what. I didn't realize that I caught the flash reflection until the next day. Oh well, still a good shot for an amatur.

I'm guessing a number of factors, really. A lot of times car paint just looks funky under artificial light (just walk through a parking garage, and you'll notice it). Camera sensors are much more sensitive to this than we can even perceive with our eyes. Depending on which mode your camera was in, the white balance, saturation and contrast levels, etc. may have been shifted as well. I'm not familiar with that camera, so I can't say for certain.

All in all, I'd say not bad pics at all. Keep at it!

I know it gets cold in Minnesota but Polar bears? I hope that's not your back yard DnB! Looks like he ate your kids play slide.

That's just Winnie (yes, that really is her name), one of the two polar bears we have at the Como zoo. While I don't know the whole story behind the slide, it's pretty common for the zookeepers to put what would seem to be random objects in with the animals to give them something to do. The tigers have had a beer keg in their pen for several years, and the one time I didn't bring my camera one of them was trying to sink it in their pool. It was rather fun to watch!

Back