• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Very nice; captures the brooding sense of a cemetery beautifully. Did you burn the corners, or get that in the original exposure?

Burned the corners a little bit, my first attempt at it. I'm usually not a fan, but I like it on this one. Whitish-gray statue in front of a white-grey cloud was a bit bland even for me. Is it too much?

No, not at all; it looks great. I was just wondering if the fates were kind and framed it with darker clouds or if you did it. Most people wouldn't even notice. :)

That's a great shot DnB. I have a similar one of the same statue - Oakland is a wonderful place to take a camera. I'll see if I can find it when I get home (vaca for new years :)).

Owls from the bird show yesterday. Pretty crazy thing to try and photograph. Every time I'd go to press the shutter button they'd take off and fly somewhere else. I swear the snowy owl brushed my head when it flew over!

Canon 60D with EF-S 55-250mm

250mm, ISO 1250, f/5.6, 1/80 sec
IMG_0344.jpg

250mm, ISO 1250, f/5.6, 1/40 sec
IMG_0347.jpg

250mm, ISO 1250, f/5.6, 1/80 sec
IMG_0391.jpg

250mm, ISO 1250, f/5.6, 1/125 sec
IMG_0411.jpg

I'm guessing the 1st two owl pics are the snowy owl? The snowy owl looks like the honey badger of the owl kingdom. :) Nice shots.

Here's a few of my Oakland cemetery shots.
Original, backlit on a sunny day
iso 100, 45mm, f/5.6, 1/1000
IMG_1190.jpg
Tried it in B&W
IMG_1190-2.jpg
Confederate monument
iso 100, 18mm, f/5.6, 1/800
IMG_1165.jpg
Another statue
iso 100, 39mm, f/8, 1/60
IMG_1145.jpg

Nice pics JLK. Much nicer looking day than I had. :)

One more bird pic today, just because it's one of the craziest birds I've ever seen, and I had a hell of a time getting a good photo. A Rhinoceros Hornbill...

Canon 60D, EF-S 55-250 @ 131mm, ISO 1600, f/8, 1/20 sec, flash off
IMG_0211.jpg

Nice shot Dark_n_Beyond!
Very pretty bills, but there's 2 bills, but I see only one bird? :p
Either way, good job!

I should go to the zoo one day soon... I haven't gone in years!

You're not seeing things. :)

The second "bill" on top is actually a mostly hollow casque, which is thought to amplify the bird's call. Like I said, one of the craziest birds I've ever seen...

You're not seeing things. :)

The second "bill" on top is actually a mostly hollow casque, which is thought to amplify the bird's call. Like I said, one of the craziest birds I've ever seen...

What?! That's really odd... Never seen anything like that! :eek:
That's nuts! xD

Cool bird DnB!
Definitely go to the zoo Pharaoh (once things thaw up there). My wife & I had a great time this past summer.

Here's an old Art Deco camera from the late '30s.
iso100 50mm f/2.8 0.3sec tripod
IMG_2259.jpg

Back