• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A man and his dreams.

Samsung Galaxy S4 | Flash:eek:n | Focal Length:4.2mm | Aperature:2.2 | Exposure:1/16 | ISO:50

20130927_154949_zpsdf6891a4.jpg

Thanks. I need to take my Nikon out more often. But my phone of course is always on me.

That's a nice bike!
Well done Blaylock!

My phone can't get shots like that, it's a bit older than your S4.

Yep, same place. It's an awesome place for kids to explore, especially when they have exhibits like this in addition to the regular stuff.

ISO is a measure of light sensitivity. Higher ISO allows for faster shutter speeds, like when in a low light situation like inside a museum (and especially for sports, when you absolutely need a fast shutter speed).

Before digital, ISO was much more difficult - you had to choose which ISO you wanted from the start with your film. If you're old enough, you probably remember seeing 100, 200, 400, 800, etc on film boxes. Those were ISO numbers. The higher the ISO number, the more sensitive to light the film was.

Digital is much easier; now you just change your ISO at will and your sensor becomes more or less sensitive to light as you need it to. However, there is always a trade-off - higher ISO means more noise in the image. You want to use the lowest ISO you can for the shutter speed you need. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_speed

It's so cold here, we can make snow with hot water! :D

Lg-Ecylpse | ISO 400 | Focal Length 4mm

IMG256.jpg

Temps in Detroit this morning was -24C. -34 with windchill.

In fact is so cold the lawyers are putting their hands in their own pockets. That's cold!

Back