• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Photo of the Day

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My parent, my 2 younger sister and their family decide to come and celebrated Christmas with my family so there're a few more presents under the tree this year.
I have to wake up early today at 6am to take this pic before the kids wake up, i hope there're a MSI Z170 Xpower mobo somewhere in there for me, i have been very good the whole year :D

20151225_083318.jpg

Merry Christmas and happy overclocking

And if your budget won't support a DSLR, shoot what you have. Compared to a cell phone camera, a DSLR has a sensor and optics that are far far superior and will produce correspondingly better images. I shoot a DSLR (D50 and more recently a D80) and have no regrets with the money spent.

Nevertheless, it is the photographer that captures the image. If you look back in this thread, you will see cell phone images that stand shoulder to shoulder with the other images posted. No amount of money spent on equipment wil make up for lack of skill framing and composing an image. Another way to think about it is to compare the following two statements:
  • "That is a beautiful photograph, you must have a very nice camera."
  • "This a delicious meal. You must have some very nice pots."

Sometimes you go out and get nothing. Other times, you have a terrible cold, go out anyway, and the stars just line up out of pity.

Taken with the sun right on the horizon to get the orange light on the house and the soft colors in the sky. Hoarfrost too... I doubt I will ever top this shot at this house.

View attachment 172363p

In love with this picture! I love colour and sunset. =)

60D, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, 38mm focal, f/6.3, 1/13 sec, ISO-400
23366973264_33efe341cf_b.jpg
Gaboon Viper by ATMNSIDE, on Flickr

Love it! I want a snake pretty bad... The patterns... Would photograph for days.

DSC_0839.jpg

Kitten my friend got for Christmas... Quickly snapped the picture at their boxing day party and liked how it turned out (despite it being a bit underexposed), who doesn't love a kitten? =P

Hope everyone had a memorable holiday! I loved seeing all the Christmas pictures... Favourite time of year.

It's been a while since I've posted anything, so here's a shot from my hike the day after Christmas. Snow has been lacking so far this year, so it was nice to finally see.

IMG_3352.jpg

Last night. I can't wait to go full frame - could have used a bit more usable low light sensitivity at this place.

DSC_5727.jpg

Once upon a December...

There are no words for how cold it was that day. I made myself sick again to get this shot.

DSC_5734.jpg

60D, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, 47mm focal, f/6.3, 1/13 sec, ISO-400
24158394656_c96935ded7_b.jpg
Green Tree Python by ATMNSIDE, on Flickr

Herpetology is a semi-avocation and some years ago I had one of these Green Tree Pythons.
They are NOT a pet for the inexperienced or for the unknowing. They are quite interesting
and they need some care and gentle handling. They are small for a constrictor (~4' - 5')

The can have a nasty disposition if not handled gently and properly when raised from a
hatchling. While they look like the are inattentive, look out! They strike like lightning and
with a vengeance when hungry or frightened. They have a very good set of double-row
teeth but they will reciprocate gentleness and tenderness from its owners if raised properly.

Herpetology is a semi-avocation and some years ago I had one of these Green Tree Pythons.
They are NOT a pet for the inexperienced or for the unknowing. They are quite interesting
and they need some care and gentle handling. They are small for a constrictor (~4' - 5')

The can have a nasty disposition if not handled gently and properly when raised from a
hatchling. While they look like the are inattentive, look out! They strike like lightning and
with a vengeance when hungry or frightened. They have a very good set of double-row
teeth but they will reciprocate gentleness and tenderness from its owners if raised properly.

This one isn't mine, it is at the Cape Fear Serpentarium.

Back