• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PIII 600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ReKbReKeN

I'm on a PIII 600 Katmai and I NEED MORE MHZ :D
SoftFSB doesn't have my Intel SE440BX-3 in its list so thats out :(
Also my BIOS has no option to overclock/change FSB that I can find :(
Can someone give me some help?

Also I just tried opening the case and moving the jumper into configure mode, which, copied from the Intel website:

Note: There is no separate jumper block for configuring the processor speed or bus frequency. The processor speed can be changed in the Setup program by using configure mode.

But when I go into the Setup in configure mode it has no option to change the fsb or multiplyer, it doesn't even mention them. Could this be due to my Dell BIOS? Should I try using the Intel BIOS instead?

Hmmmm That be dangerous ground there!!! Unless you are Absolutely certain your board will properly accept the intel bios, I would answer your Question with a Definate NO! :)

Gotta second Big Lar, here. If you absolutely have to OC, 'fraid that an Intel manufactured mainboard must usually be replaced. Intel makes high quality mobo's, it's too bad that they don't OC worth beans. Perhaps the "Seattle 3" mainboard DOES OC, don't give up the ship! Flashing mobos with foreign Bios's is a high risk undertaking.

If you'll have to get a new mobo, a new foundation for a Duron/T-Bird system is worth serious consideration.

Back