• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Platform upgrade thoughts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nope I am in Europe Croatia prices are kinda ****y here I plan on spending little less than 500$ without gpu 1700 is out of the question its around 300$ here or more so yea. I still have to wait and see about budget so I can squeeze in gpu with it

Nope I am in Europe Croatia prices are kinda ****y here I plan on spending little less than 500$ 1700 is out of the question its around 300$ here or more so yea. I still have to wait and see about budget so I can squeeze in gpu with it

It is world wide price drop. Not only Microcenter. 1700 sells between €250 and €300 in Italy: cross the ADriatic in a ferry and come for shopping in Rimini!

Joke apart, prices in Croatia should be more or less aligned on western European standards.

The extra cores are probably not going to be fully utilized with a 1600/1700x based system being honest.

Silly as it may sound, a new i3 will probably get him where he wants to be.

no value in x chips for gaming, 1400 will do if he's at 1060 card.

I have already excused myself for that... :D

I just don't understand why k version if I don't plan on OC-ing

Well, this is a tough audience for that.... LOL

More and more games are taking advantage of core count. War Thunder uses all 8 threads on my Skylake, from 93% to 100% across the board.

1600x is 270$, while 1600 is 250$ just by that you can see every chip is 30-70$ more then in US...
I think max with cores and threads I would go 6/12 with 1600 although even those wont utilize with all games even said 1400 will probably be option or even 1500x.
i3 coffee costs same as cheapest board lol

1600x is 270$, while 1600 is 250$ just by that you can see every chip is 30-70$ more then in US...
I think max with cores and threads I would go 6/12 with 1600 although even those wont utilize with all games even said 1400 will probably be option or even 1500x.
i3 coffee costs same as cheapest board lol

Again, for GAMING and gaming alone; I think the new i3 setup is really where you want to be to be blunt. Thats ONLY reason I suggest the i3 is because you say you dont want to overclock. The ryzen 1400 needs to be overclocked to get to i3 performance levels. I understand they only have z370 boards out; but maybe theres some deals you can find...

Again, for GAMING and gaming alone; I think the new i3 setup is really where you want to be to be blunt. Thats ONLY reason I suggest the i3 is because you say you dont want to overclock. The ryzen 1400 needs to be overclocked to get to i3 performance levels. I understand they only have z370 boards out; but maybe theres some deals you can find...

Lets hope I will find em in time of purchase. Noone answered me one question though. Lets say I buy 1060 should I change psu or not Nvidia site says 400w is minimum while others say min is 450w

^Was thinking exactly the same. And for the price, can always get a used 8700k for a couple of hundred in 2 years and get the platform going for a couple of years extra at least!

Looked into benches reviews of it and it looks promising little cheap chip but downside is board price here is 140$.

Keep in mind it is a 4/5 years investment: a hundred bucks over 4/5 years is what, €1.7/€1.9 per month?

This thread has me looking at a 1600x now. This really is a disease, and the treatments are getting expensive.....RAM will be the killer, though, along with the OS.

6700K to 1600x? No way. Just start saving for Z390 and 8c\16t i7.

With a better multi-threading 6c/12t chip less than $200? And a pile of good, sub $120 motherboards for it? Nah, I don't think so. I won't necessarily get rid of the Skylake rig (right away) but I don't see Intel's "all over the map" strategy being anything I want to encourage with my money. LOL

I wait and see what RYzen 1.2 will be.

If AMD can increase frequency, maybe not to Intel levels, but let's say to 4.5/4.6GHz, I will go with one next year.

If not, well, z390, or maybe just wait for Icelake or Ryzen 2, as the rig in sig is still doing a more than decent job.

Back