• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Platform upgrade thoughts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
And Ryzen 2 is supposed to be on the AM4 socket, as well. For my uses, Ryzen is fast enough. Dropping game framerates from 120 fps to 80 fps isn't really a sacrifice on a 60 Hz display. :D

And Ryzen 2 is supposed to be on the AM4 socket, as well. For my uses, Ryzen is fast enough. Dropping game framerates from 120 fps to 80 fps isn't really a sacrifice on a 60 Hz display. :D

Actually, it's more 120 to 110 ;)

No issue for me neither, 4K/60Hz and VR. At those resolutions, an overclocked R3 1200 does almost the same job as a 8700K, even paired with a 1080 ti :D

Actually, it's more 120 to 110 ;)

No issue for me neither, 4K/60Hz and VR. At those resolutions, an overclocked R3 1200 does almost the same job as a 8700K, even paired with a 1080 ti :D

No kidding? Niiice!

edit: As I found with my primary game, core utilization is off to the races with games. A "slower" 1600x may actually increase my gaming performance over the Skylake.

No kidding? Niiice!

edit: As I found with my primary game, core utilization is off to the races with games. A "slower" 1600x may actually increase my gaming performance over the Skylake.

Then why not go 1700? Its dropping fast, all the R7's are. I wouldn't be shocked if its $225 some places on BF.

Then why not go 1700? Its dropping fast, all the R7's are. I wouldn't be shocked if its $225 some places on BF.

It will have to wait until after the Holidays, unfortunately. And the 1600x hits the sweet spot between speed/core/price for me. And it will scratch my Team Red itch. LOL

I am with Daleon: worth the very little extra $$$ for the 2 extra cores. And they all overclock to 4GHz anyway!

The difference is $80 at newegg right now between the 1700x and 1600x, although there is no telling what will happen with pricing between Jan.1st and the new batch. They might even pull an Intel and keep pricing static on the new chips. :D I should find Ryzen's roadmap and see what kind of timespan we're looking at.

Back