• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please help, can't boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nate39

Registered
I just got a new abit an8 board with 3200 venice, abit x700 256, ozc 512x1 ram and rosewill 500w re502 extreme psu. It will not post. I have reseated everything and only have the minimum installed. It turns on, but the video won't start. abit gave me a non working phone number. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

what do you see for the 2 digit postcode that the board has?

are you aircooling this or do you have a waterblock on it? i know with my more recent abit boards they need to have a fan plugged into the cpu fan connector or they will power up just to power back down.

have you made sure to plug in the 4pin power connector?

what type of memory do you have atm and what slots do you have it in?

sorry to ask so many questions just trying to find out just whats holding you back here.

I just talked with a rep, he said the 04 code is a memory problem. I have tried different sticks and slots, but will try some more,the cpu fan is plugged in (air cooled) I have tried the ram mainly in slot one but will try some different ones. I will be off line for a while since I have only one place to do this, but will be back to let you know. thanks

still nothing, I just read in the manuel that you have to clear cmos everytime you have a memory problem so I will go back and try that.

well, I had a motherboard screw in the wrong hole, this board doesn't line up 9 screws in a row and I missed it. Now I get a 9.0. error which is bios taking over boot which doesn't help me any. What's left?

I am being told that this boards bios isn't compatible with the venice core so tomorrow I will put my winchester in and see if that will get me in.

nate39 said:
I am being told that this boards bios isn't compatible with the venice core so tomorrow I will put my winchester in and see if that will get me in.

Ouch, thats harsh. Any bios flashes for it or anything ?

As I sat there getting ready to ask newegg for a rma, I noticed that a pin was bent! Since it didn't boot from the start, there is a least a chance it arrived like that, but I will admit that there is a chance I did it. ( I try to be very carful with them) Anyway, I bent it back and all is well!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

turns out there was a bent pin on the processor, works now but when I turn it off I have to clear cmos to get it started again, what's up with that?

turns out there was a bent pin on the cpu :bang head works now, but it won't reboot or start after it is turned off unless I clear cmos. Can anyone help me?

Yes you did indeed post that before :p

Is it possible for you to try with another CPU off a friend or something to see if its the board or the chip? Mind you if it has a bent ping I would've sent it back anyway :S

pulled battery when I cleared cmos now it boots ok but freezes after a minute or so

must write quick notes, have tried to loosen ram timings but hasn't helped

cleared cmos again and it has lasted a few minutes at least. does any of this make sense?

Back