• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please help, can't boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok, after flashing to bios 14 and installing the lastest nforce4 drivers, everything is running great. but now I have a "remove device safely" icon that stays on my tray. does anyone have a clue as to how to get rid of it. thanks.

heh geeszs nothing but problems ? :) ~!

If you're running Windows XP, the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon is there to stay, unless you rewrite the SATA/IDE(?) bus drivers for it not to be this way or do something similarly outrageous.

But there is a simple alternative, as you can hide the icon by doing this:
* right click on the task bar, select Properties. (or go to "Taskbar and Start Menu" in the Control Panel)
* click Customize
* Find the icon and select "Always Hide".

Voila. That's what I did.

Since nForce4 chipsets support hot-pluggable HDDs, the HDDs are recognized by Windows as removable devices. And as removable devices, they have the icon.

But if it's Win2K or an otherwise non-XP OS, then you may have to look for an alternate solution. I don't know of any off hand.

I did "hide" it, but I can't believe that there isn't a fix for this. thanks

I suppose you can Uninsall SATA/HDD/bus drivers and the icon should disappear. But then you'd be stuck with Windows' standard drivers, which may be slower. But then maybe not.

Back