• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PNY ddr3 compatability issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

novabean22

Registered
so when I plug my parts into pc part picker it tells me that my ram is not compatible with my motherboard, I have 2x4gb PNY PC3-10666 that is compatible with 1066 and 1333mhz

It may not be on their compatibility list. That said, a compatibility list simply means they tested the ram on the list to work with their board. Just because it is not on the list, does not mean it will not work.

Also, what ram specifically please. A link to THAT product would be great...there is only one Z87 G45 motherboard but a few types of PNY ram 2x4GB

Also, you can EDIT your post instead of double posting. ;)

I would imagine it to be fine... You can only find out if you test it! If you want 100% compatibility, stick with the list. If you are good with 95%+, don't use the list. I have never looked at those lists unless I had problems out of the gate.

alright, ill just try it out, see if it works, if not ill return them and get something on the list

Back