• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power cable extender

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thank you for googling that for me, despite having clearly only been written in an attempt to be pissy, for merely asking a question.

Had I needed an 8pin motherboard power cable extender, I would have googled that. Alas, I need a 3 pin power cable extender, IE the main power cable that gives the PSU power, like in this picture shown in the link I provided. Right angled, slim and will bolt/mount to the outside of the case.

x88GXDV.jpg

No sir, it was not meant to be pissy at all. I googled and found out where you can get exactly what (i thought) you asked for... :shrug:

I appreciate the explanation, now, of exactly what you need. The first post was quite vague to me. My apologies for not answering it properly or with any sugar on top (that was pissy :p). Now let me try to find that for ya..........................:)

EDIT: Sorry, perhaps this thread isnt for me. I dont understand how a power cord can be bolted on... sorry for wasting your time. GL.

Last edited:
Ah it came across a little like K'OFF NEWB USE GOOGLE YOU FILTHY COCKNOSE

I have tried but my google fu has failed me today. If you do come across one on your travels, kindly enlighten me to it's whereabouts.

Bolted was probably the incorrect term.

See how that cable has 2 tabs you squeeze to get it in/out the case? Just like that, so it doesn't push through when pluggin in a cable.

So I can basically do exactly what that case manufacturer has done and fit a psu miles away from the back of the case.

Cheers, but space is of the essence so it does have to be a right angled cable. Which does exist as I do own one somewhere, but a) its too long b) I need a way to mount it to the case.

Rather not epoxy, I'll only break it at a time when I can't be arsed to fix anything.

Even just a bracket like the above that'll allow the end to mount to a case would be great, I'm sure I've seen one somewhere?

Since it's a startup, I would think that once it goes into production (if it does) that the cable would be included with the case. I find it hard to believe that they would provide such a case with such a PSU position, and no cable to go along with it.

However, it seems like you are building such a case yourself and want such a cable for it. Other then the options already given which are already a complete wire, have you considered getting the end connectors and just wiring it up yourself? I know I've seen the end connectors sold at electronics shops (Mouser and DigiKey come to mind), so you could try that route.

That extender bit with the 2 screw holes looks spot on to me. Then I can just use any of those normal right angled cables, maybe shorten it or make my own if I have to. Ordered one of those anyway.

Cheers lads.

Back