• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with Asus P8Z68-V LX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dandaman993

Registered
Hi guys

I have a:

Asus P8Z68-v LX motherboard
Intel core i5 3350 CPU
4gb g.skill ripjaws x ram
700w psu

It's a new build and I can't seem to get it to boot. The DRAm red led is staying lit

Any help?

Thanks in advance

If you can't get it to power on to view the current BIOS revision on the POST screen, how did you come to that conclusion?

I spoke to tech support at a local company and being a new board I'm guessing it has come with the stock bios which I need a new update

Besides the 24-pin ATX connector, did you also attach either a 4 or 8-pin power connector from the PSU to the EATX12V power plug?

Sounds strange that the bios would need updating just to boot. Pretty much all gskills is supported, but did you check @asus's page for the mobo, they'll have a list of all supported ram and cpu's, aswell detail the bios revisions.

What is the exact type of ram, speed, etc.

And you said you only have 1 stick? Is it even possible to boot with 1?

It's not the fact the ram isn't supported, I know it is. The CPU is supported to but only with a newer revision of BIOS and yes it should boot with 1 stick in slot2

Well the only thing I can think of maybe its the slot or the ram do you have any other ram sticks laying around that you can test the slots with?

Back