• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Processor Multiplier Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
http://www.lejabeach.com/Biostar/TA690G/ beta ones are modded can i use modded ones with biostar flash utility program

IF you read the instrucitons at Rebel's Haven site, I think they are pretty plain spoken in saying to flash from DOS and use the flasher provided in the zip file that has the mod bios file in it. Flash at your own risk is splattered about pretty good as well.

I have used bioses from their before. I knew how and what to use to flash from DOS. I never had any problem. But your situation may not be the same as mine. Good luck with your endeavors.

EDIT:
I just read the readme's for some of the modded bioses. They are dealing with some parts of ram tweaking that most do not even know how to do anyway. Did not see much else but that as to what the modded bioses were relating to.
END EDIT.

D4NTE, I think you are failing to address a glaring problem here and that is you are overdriving your board with a FSB that is too high. A bios udpate isn't going to fix that.

You write >> make 260 fsb when starting to computer it says warning your system is running in safe mode please set up cpu host clock = That is exactly what we have been saying the board is doing BECAUSE the 260 FSB is TOO DANG HIGH for the components. I said it, "BB2" said it and I think "trents" has said something similar.

You write >> i did ram 667 so problem hasn't to be about rams = WRONG. According to your CPUz screen captures when the ram is set to DDR 667 and you overclock to 260FSB the ram would be running at 2600 divided by 6 = ram frequency of 433 times 2 equals DDR 866 and 66 over the rated DDR ram speed. So the problem 'could' most certainly be about ram speed.

I had to go back to some of the first posts to find this information since you do not have a signature showing readily what is inside the case.

You write >> Amd Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ , 2x1 Kingston KVR800D2N6 Ram = The KVR in the ram part number means that is Kingston Value Ram and back in the old days of that ram it often was very poor for over speeding of the ram. The 4200+ if I can remember back that far was often very much near to the end of of its' speed somewhere close to 2600Mhz speed. How fast they would go depended on how good the motherboard and the ram was. Plus it depended on good cooling of the CPU itself since it took a 'lot' of cpu voltage to go to 2600Mhz cpu speed.

Not sure you need a new bios at all. Learn how to use the one you have now and realize that the parts you have may not be good enough for 2600Mhz cpu speed or will have to very carefully adjusted a little at time with testing at every upward move of the speed to verify that the up-clocked speed is fully stable before moving up in speed again. Just trying to 'jump' to 2600Mhz seems very much n0t a good idea and is surely not working at this time.

Back