• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Blue II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Gutted and fan installed:

IMG_3873.jpg

EDIT: Is it just me, or does it look like my fan contraption dwarfs the PSU? LOL

Last edited:
So when I tried to install the fan gaskets, The lip on the outside interferred with one onother on the edges that bumped up against another fan. So I did some trimming to them so they should fit just fine:

IMG_3876.jpg

EDIT: Like my shoe?!? LOL

Alright, thats enough work for one evening/night so im off to bed. I am hoping to get the holes for the RAD cut and get it installed tomorrow, but that may not happen.

Hows she look though?

Thanks!

shawkins said:
Alright, thats enough work for one evening/night so im off to bed. I am hoping to get the holes for the RAD cut and get it installed tomorrow, but that may not happen.

Hows she look though?

Thanks!

Looks great :thup: and yeah Delta fans would have made it that much better. LOL :burn:

Electron Chaser said:
Looks great :thup: and yeah Delta fans would have made it that much better. LOL :burn:
Ya, I would have used delta's, but I got a really good deal on the Panaflo's. Maybe Ill upgrade? Where do you get yours at? Also, where did you get your Matrix front panel your using on your project, I want one for this thing!

Thanks

Keep it coming man this is looking like a beast of a project, shame it was not Intel based especially with all that blue! ;)
Subscribed!

markodude said:
Keep it coming man this is looking like a beast of a project, shame it was not Intel based especially with all that blue! ;)
Subscribed!
Actually, I am buying the hardware last, so from the looks of the new Intel CPU's coming out, it may end up being Intel based!

Question, Did You Run The Screws All The Way Thru The Rad? I Have The 120mmx3 Version And I Seen No Way To Run Them All The Way Thru....

ShellMaza said:
Question, Did You Run The Screws All The Way Thru The Rad? I Have The 120mmx3 Version And I Seen No Way To Run Them All The Way Thru....
Yes I did. I used a nail a little smaller then the rod first spreading the fins a little bit. Then I sued a nail the same size as the rod to spread them right right ammount. I tested it for leaks after I used the small nail, but havent tested it for leaks after using the big nail yet. I also did have to drill out the holes for the 6-32 rods, since they were beigger then the holes.

I just got done partially sleeving the Power/Reset switch, beeper, and HDD LED/power LED wires. I dont know how long the wires need to be, so I didnt finish sleeving them all into one yet.

But this is what I have so far:

IMG_3890.jpg

Another pic:

IMG_3889.jpg

EDIT: Check out all that old bondo dust still on the inside of the door twards the right side of the pic>>>>>lol

And I took some pics of the PSU bracket I roughed out the other night:

IMG_3891.jpg

EDIT: No, my hand writing is really not that crappy!!! LOL

Back