• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Blue II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I made this bracket because its the only way that I could figure out of how to mount the PSU with my huge fan contraption on it. What I will do, is cut a hole in the back of the case just a hair larger then the PSU. With this bracket bolted on the PSU, the PSU will slide in and I can screw this bracket to the case. It will also be easier to remove the PSU as all I have to do is un hook the wires, and unscrew 4 screws and it will slide right out the back!

Another pic try to sort of explain what I mean:

IMG_3892.jpg

EDIT: Ignore the writing on the bracket, it doesnt have anything to do with what I was explaining. It is for making the bracket.

That is one of the best (and most unique) radiator mounting jobs I have seen in a long time. Nice job so far. Can’t wait to see both of those pumps hooked up.

Hey this is one cool project. One suggestion though, I'd paint the outiside of the fans and the all-thread between the case and the radiator with that same blue metallic paint you used on the case. Just tape up the radiator and keep that black, but have the rest blue. Just and idea though.

skahtul said:
That is one of the best (and most unique) radiator mounting jobs I have seen in a long time. Nice job so far. Can’t wait to see both of those pumps hooked up.
Thanks for the compliments!

MasterG said:
Hey this is one cool project. One suggestion though, I'd paint the outiside of the fans and the all-thread between the case and the radiator with that same blue metallic paint you used on the case. Just tape up the radiator and keep that black, but have the rest blue. Just and idea though.
I didnt paint the case, thats just the stock color. Im trying to decide what color to paint it...It might end up matching my new (to me) '98 Toyota 4Runner! :p

Well Project Blue: II has been put on a temporary hold. :-/

Due to this:
IMG_3897.jpg

I got my liscense and another 4Runner (my other one is the red one in the background)! So all my money is going into that thing for now. Give me a month and I should be back to Project: Blue II!

Well here is the result of 4 months and 15,000 miles with my 4Runner:

IMG_8570.jpg

Totaled.

I also lost my license for 90 days due to the fact that the wreck was my fault. So about 60 days to go and I have nothing to do at home until snowboarding season starts so I decided that Im going to either revive this project or just build a whole new system.

Damn, that sucks man. That looked like an awesome project. sucks to hear about your ride too.

Albaholic said:
Damn, that sucks man. That looked like an awesome project. sucks to hear about your ride too.
I could fix it, I striped the front end pretty good to decide if I wanted to, but in the end if I ever want to sell it the resale value isnt there. So time to get another one! lol Im thinking Im going to get a blue one this time.:clap:

The worst thing was that those tires were less than a month old! But Im going to keep them and put them on the next one.

Slayer2003 said:
Keep it for parts. Or you could always start doing swaps into the older one. :D
The 4Runner? If I bought it back from the insurance Co., and sold the motor for an engine swap, sold the tranny to someone who wanted to do a 5-speed swap, and sold most everything else I would hardly break even.

Back