• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project "Cold Reality" Proposed Parts List

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I hope you know Haswell i7-4770k ($340 MSRP)is coming out very shortly. Maybe in a matter of days.

Are you only on 1080p? If yes than you did the right move.

Well, I don't have a monitor yet. And I already ordered the parts. :bang head I could do a RMA and wait on the processor, but that may be a hassle I don't want to put up with. I've been a bit out of the loop for the last 2 months or so. I'm going to have to play catch up. As long as it is still the same socket type, I'd be okay getting one. More to follow.

EDIT:
Well damn, I'd have to get another Mobo. Part of me wants to wait, but another bigger part wants to get my computer together. I'll have to sleep on it.

Last edited:
Well the Haswell is not all that great if your just into gaming that is. Average speed is around 4.4 OC if your planning on OCing. It' also runs hot hot hot :mad:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2013/06/01/intel-core-i7-4770k-cpu-review/8

However if your buying new gear. It's always best to get the latest and greatest.

Well, I don't have a monitor yet. And I already ordered the parts. :bang head I could do a RMA and wait on the processor, but that may be a hassle I don't want to put up with. I've been a bit out of the loop for the last 2 months or so. I'm going to have to play catch up. As long as it is still the same socket type, I'd be okay getting one. More to follow.

EDIT:
Well damn, I'd have to get another Mobo. Part of me wants to wait, but another bigger part wants to get my computer together. I'll have to sleep on it.

I should've added its only a 5-10% improvement from the Ivy Bridge and that the biggest improvement or focus was on the IGPU. Sorry to scare you and hope you get some good sleep now. I think you're great on the Ivy. I might be upgrading to that as well or the Ivy Bridge E.

My only point was to give you a heads up if you're spending $300 on a part when a newer item will be priced similarly a few weeks from now as Armani stated above.

Kinda like when my little brother build my godbrothers computer and stuck in a 2500k/560ti when he could have gotten a i5-3570k/660ti for the SAME price. :facepalm:

Kinda like when my little brother build my godbrothers computer and stuck in a 2500k/560ti when he could have gotten a i5-3570k/660ti for the SAME price.

Attachments

• homer-simpson-doh.gif
    homer-simpson-doh.gif
    13.9 KB · Views: 54
I should've added its only a 5-10% improvement from the Ivy Bridge and that the biggest improvement or focus was on the IGPU. Sorry to scare you and hope you get some good sleep now. I think you're great on the Ivy. I might be upgrading to that as well or the Ivy Bridge E.

My only point was to give you a heads up if you're spending $300 on a part when a newer item will be priced similarly a few weeks from now as Armani stated above.

Kinda like when my little brother build my godbrothers computer and stuck in a 2500k/560ti when he could have gotten a i5-3570k/660ti for the SAME price. :facepalm:

I'll have you know, good sir, that I got some excellent sleep last night. Thank you. At this point, I think I'm going to stick with what I got. I think it's going to be a great set up, and I'm getting anxious to start building it. I know I made some errors, but I don't mind. I do, however, appreciate the heads up. Thanks!

Kinda like when my little brother build my godbrothers computer and stuck in a 2500k/560ti when he could have gotten a i5-3570k/660ti for the SAME price.

Thank you for summing up exactly what I felt.

Alright, a final update here. All parts have been ordered and are in! In a few weeks I'll start pulling pictures and doing a build log!

Back