• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project: Glacier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Aww the good o'trusty hammer. The only tool in the toolset - probably Jeremy Clarkson

got started bending some tubing. two pieces i have to bend are nearly 1 M long so im stuck waiting for a longer silicone insert if you know what i mean ;)
20171111_103231.jpg
20171111_103236.jpg
converted a serial gpu bridge to parrallel. should work even if it looks a bit rough.
20171111_103225.jpg
i put the wrong size sleaving on FFFFFFFFFFUUUUU
20171110_210543.jpg
Painted the SLi bridge. needs a bit of touching up but its pretty good.
20171110_191732.jpg

i also got the other resivoir plumbed in but i guess i forgot to take pictures of that. i will get pics of that up tomorrow morning.

Been a little bit so here is an update all the hard tube is done. however there are a couple pieces i may try and re-do (100% chance of me getting too lazy to do that). because i didnt want to use any 90 degree fittings or such noncence i had to push the PETG to its bending limit in two places. See if you can spot em. I also had to take some time off fromt eh build to repair all the driveshaft U-joints and constant velocity joints in my jeeps drivetrain so i could drive to work.

Also i got the computer booted up for the first time and was having bad stability issues. at first i thought "F#^& i have to RMA a gpu that i have already painted." but after taking one car out and trying it with both 6+8 power cords i came to the conclusion that actually one of the 12 volt rails in my power supply is dead. plugged into one spot i loose video output the instant i apply a load like folding @ home or furmark. plugged into the other spot on the power supply its fine.

bending the most complicated piece of tubing in the build. (took me 2 trys before i gave up and ordered a bigger bending insert, size definatly matters)
20171117_201152.jpg

PURPLE LIGHTS
JPEG_20171118_152221.jpg

BLUEISH CYAN LIGHTS
20171118_151850.jpg

Looks awesome so far Rusty. One of the bends you're concerned about would be the lower GPU output to the top of the left Reservoir. IMO it doesn't look bad. As long as it doesn't leak I would leave it. The other I would guess would be from CPU to VRM though it's hard to see from that angle.

right on both counts. i will probably redo the GPU one as i cut it a bit short at the gpu fitting and it only seal against 2/3 orings. the cpu to VRM i just didnt quite get hot enough so the inside of the bend wrinkled slightly but as it seems fine im gonn leave it. interestingly i have noticed higher average water velocity in both systems than in my old setup where both pumps ran in series. i work with pump design every day so i found this particularily interesting. and did some poking around the darker places of the internet. it would seem the internal roughness factor on hard tube is a bit lower than that of soft tube meaning less pressure drop/foot of pipe. also i have eliminated all the hard 90 degree fittings from the loop which cause alot of pressure drop Vs even a slightly radiused elbow.

new power supply ordered. corsair AX860I

Been a little bit so here is an update all the hard tube is done. however there are a couple pieces i may try and re-do (100% chance of me getting too lazy to do that). because i didnt want to use any 90 degree fittings or such noncence i had to push the PETG to its bending limit in two places. See if you can spot em. I also had to take some time off fromt eh build to repair all the driveshaft U-joints and constant velocity joints in my jeeps drivetrain so i could drive to work.

Also i got the computer booted up for the first time and was having bad stability issues. at first i thought "F#^& i have to RMA a gpu that i have already painted." but after taking one car out and trying it with both 6+8 power cords i came to the conclusion that actually one of the 12 volt rails in my power supply is dead. plugged into one spot i loose video output the instant i apply a load like folding @ home or furmark. plugged into the other spot on the power supply its fine.

bending the most complicated piece of tubing in the build. (took me 2 trys before i gave up and ordered a bigger bending insert, size definatly matters)
20171117_201152.jpg

PURPLE LIGHTS
JPEG_20171118_152221.jpg

BLUEISH CYAN LIGHTS
20171118_151850.jpg

what lights did you use and where are they installed?
this is the color I would like to flood my build with.

You have to be careful when venturing into the darker places of the interweb. My last visit almost took me fully. I only escaped by chance.

Very nice Rusty. :thup: I'm also interested on what lighting was used and placed. What are you controlling them with along with the pumps and fans, delta curves etc.

actually i used cheep 12" LED RGB strips from the automotive section at canadian tire (autozone would also have these) i will get a picture of their placement when i get home. i am controlling them via the Aquacomputer Farbwerk (which is great to work with BTW) one thing to note is the pinout was slightly different on the LED strip from what the farbwork wanted but as i was soldering extensions on them to run to the controller it was a simple matter to swap the wires at the RGB strip. I can document all of this when i get home tonight for you guys. i also have some 5MM RGB common ANODE LEDS comin in bulk (common cathode litterally explode when connected to the Farbwerk i can post a pic of this tonight as well) i can make up a schematic for how to wire these as well for you guys im going to use these to light up the resivoirs and stuff.

Pumps are single speed d5's so i dont control them and im 90% sure that the speed output on one is dead cause they ahve been running for 10 years. bearings are still iun great shape though so f%*@it run er till she dies.

radiator fans for the GPU are all being controlled off of an NZXT Grid v2 based on water temperature (onyl way to do it with two GPU's in the loop). CPU fans are being controlled off the Grid V2 as well but based on cpu package temperature. chassy fans in the front are being controlled by the motherbord and asus' software. Chassy fan in the rear is controlled by the grid 2 and tied into the cpu fans. (anouther corsair fan bit the dust so ill need to buy aNOUTHER damn 140mm fan le sigh.

i have two water temp sensors so im gonna experiment with pluggin their inputs into the Farbwerk and see if i cant make the NZXT Grid software recognise their inputs. (this is like the jankiest thing ill ever do cause my motherbord only has the one sensor input.

Not to throw a wrench into your amazing build but I would have recommended a Aquaero 6 LT or XT for this build and ran each sets of rad fans per loop based on each loop's water temps as you already have with the GPU loop since its a complex dual loop but obviously what you have will work too. Oh and the AQ would work in sync with the Farbwerk so not only can you do static but do LEDs based on system water temps at full load as I do. It lets me know the loops condition from afar.

Careful using temps based on chips since it will be very aggressive. You're just better off doing it based on water temps or setting and forgetting at a static speed once a sweet spot is figured out after some testing.

Great stuff either way. More pics pls. :D

and I haven't even removed the first panel from mine, deep horizon will not finish the render it's running till middle of next week, and that is going to be the new case for it.

Back