• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project=It's a Cane Thing (56K WARNING!!!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I put some casters on the feet of this case. Still deciding if I want to paint them or not. The case will be Orange/Green/White, so black feet and casters would not go well.

121340.jpg

*EDIT* I will paint the feet green and leave the casters black and see how that will turn out. This will be an Orange case, with dark green accent pieces, so the feet being green will help alot.

Last edited:
<<<First...I see the last picture I posted didn't get automatically resized. If these new pictures don't, I will resize them.>>>

Alot has been going on with this case, but most of it has been doing the same thing over and over and over and....Painting until there is no blemishes.

I now have all the pieces painted. One would think as many times as I have been to the Home Depot, I would have remembered to get Rivets, but I didn't so I will have to wait until tomorrow night.

Here is what the front of the Case looks like. The Orange and Green has turned out to be so much better than I ever dreamed it would.

141751.jpg

In that picture, the Camera didn't show that the very top is green too. It shows it as black, but it is green.

Also, where the back-lit "Thermaltake" was, It has a piece of black plastic. I am going to paint it green as well, until I decide exactly what I want to do with it.

I also found out that I SUCK at trying to Jig Saw 1/8th sheet metal. It's entirely to heavy gauge to be cutting with the blade I am useing, but I have thought of a better idea anyways.

180925.jpg

I just found out if you preview twice, OCF will auto resize your photo, so I gonna try to edit my last picture to get it resized the easy way.

Last edited:
TekeTorvo said:
I put some casters on the feet of this case. Still deciding if I want to paint them or not. The case will be Orange/Green/White, so black feet and casters would not go well.

121340.jpg

*EDIT* I will paint the feet green and leave the casters black and see how that will turn out. This will be an Orange case, with dark green accent pieces, so the feet being green will help alot.

After looking at this pic, and the pic of your case painted all nicely, You really should paint the casters green as well. the black will be too much like a sore thumb, It just stands out.

That's what my Computer currently looks like.

150229Medium.jpg

And this is what happens when you put too many coats of paint on. Things seem to fit ALOT tighter, LOL.

153432Medium.jpg

And here is what my Case looks like so far. I will re-paint the Floppy Drive thingy at a later date.

185728Medium.jpg

My B-Day is Monday, and my Wife keeps asking me what I want. I want a nice looking Water Cooling set-up, but I need a prettier PSU. Woe is Me!!! What to decide. That Green Ultra X Modular PSU would look SWEET, and since I don't OC, it should run fine for me, but Alas, I will probably ask for a quiet weekend with her out of town.

The out of town idea is very romantic and sweet but id ask for a watercooling setup ;):)

~Ken

Well I am Bummed. I ordered a few things from FrozenPC.com. The Fans I ordered turned out awesome. The Green EL-Wire I ordered turned out to be an Aqua Marine type color. More blue than green. I did however put Green Plexi-Glass over my video card circuit board, and over my Audigy Sound card circuit board. They turned out kinda nice. Trying to figure out a way to light them up. I will figure out something.

On a side note, Guess what I noticed about my Video Card.
back.jpg

If you turn that picture upside down, you will see the Video Card as if it were installed. Anyone else see what I see? I will find a way to integrate that "U" Into that heat sink.

go-canes-wallpaper-1024WinCE.jpg

There is a picture of the "U" I mentioned,(in case some aren't familiar with the Miami "U" Logo). Also, if you scroll back up to the top of this thread and look at the front of my case, you will see another "U". I am still thinking about making that one into a "U", but one side needs to be orange, and one side Green, and considering the entire front is Orange, I'm not to sure how it would stand out. LOL, Only one way to find out, but I am sick of painting. Some of these parts already have 15+ coats of paint, (and that is the honest truth).

Any how, it is hot as hell outside at work, and I have been exhausted when I get home. I will piddle with this some more as I have the energy/motivation.

Time to wake this up.

I ran into a serious problem with my case door, that others should watch out for when modding this case. The door is made to swing closed, and then it slides forward. That locks it on all 4 sides. I cut the window too far back. By doing that, the glass would hit the rear of the case before I could get it completely flush, and I couldn't get the tabs at the top and bottom to line up. My solution is to not cut the window so far back, but if you want to relocate the door handle like I did, you have to cut it where I did. So my end solution is to cut the tabs off. Now the front slides in to lock, and the door swings closed for the 2 thumb screws to hold the rear.

I had made a post about useing tempered glass Here ...I decided to try it. But I went a step further. I decided I wanted etched glass, and I wanted it to look extremely well, or I would re-do it until it did. My first try turned out better than I could have ever dreamed of.

2005_1114Image0006.jpg

Yes that is etched, tempered glass. The picture doesn't do it justice. There looks like there are blemishes in the picture, but there are none. If there is enough interest, I will write a how to, because almost anyone can do it, and you don't have to use tempered glass. You can use untempered glass from home depot.

Anyhoot, I got my Ultra X-Connect installed, but my Processor fan wires still look ugly as can be, so I will get a picture as soon as I have the time to fix that.

I also painted some plexi-glass and covered the circuit boards on my video card, and sound card. I will get pics of the entire inside as soon as I can.

eyah i wanna knwo how it was done mate i want a custom designed glass!!! all i need to do then is learn how to draw of get somone to make a template for me ;)

Back