• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pros and Cons M5A97

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't lie, I've drank and posted before, but these days I try and contain that into the putzen thread. I just usually post on my phone, and have terribad spelling and grammar... :p

So, bottom line. Is the M5A97 is a good board? It may or may not get you 5Ghz stable all day with an 8300 but its a damn good board for 4.5Ghz or so.

Good in my books :thup:

Not speaking to you, Im hoping someone else will get the point.

edit: not sure why this needed to continue, or even needed its own thread. Stupid topic on a dead chipset. If its a cheaper motherboard, and you're putting an fx83x0 in it; be mentally willing to lose said motherboard when you start overclocking. I couldn't care less about one or two success stories. The original guy was asking how to push it FURTHER than he did AND he already had an 1100mhz overclock going. So yeah, I will continue to recommend people stay modest on their cheap motherboards.

I moved this thread because I didn't like the way it was going ( that's why I asked to keep it civil). I was fairly certain that it wasn't done so gave it it's own space to keep it from muddying the original thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back