• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ps2cho's Asus Eee PC (4G 701) Review!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You should try and play with DPI settings.
It's really sad that the EEE PC VBIOS doesn't support 1000x600, that resolution would be sweet with a bigger DPI settings.

Ah that made a good difference. I find that 105 DPI and 800x600 is the best setting. 1024x768 at 120 DPI is readable, but it's not great....so I'll stick with 800x600 105 DPI.
Looks great!

---

Finally got your Eee!! Sweet!
You can stick with the 401 BIOS for right now so you can get everything installed, but then I recommend upgrading to the 0511 BIOS so you can get the brighter screen the option to overclock to 900MHz. It makes a pretty large difference in speed.

Have you guys looked at putting xp embeaded on it?

I've been toying with the idea of buying one just to mess with it.

The other day I noticed a bubble at the bottom of my screen on my eee pc, it's hardly noticeable most of the time because I keep the screen brightness down but whenever it's all the way up it slaps me in the face. I'll post a picture later on today, but I'm trying to decide whether it's worth an rma and if ASUS/zipzoomfly would take it in an rma.

The other day I noticed a bubble at the bottom of my screen on my eee pc, it's hardly noticeable most of the time because I keep the screen brightness down but whenever it's all the way up it slaps me in the face. I'll post a picture later on today, but I'm trying to decide whether it's worth an rma and if ASUS/zipzoomfly would take it in an rma.

I would RMA it. ZZF will almost certainly not take it. I never even got my RMA from Asus. I called up and they said I would get an RMA email in the next few days and I never got it.

I managed to fix it, but ya. Goodluck!!

lol well that's not too encouraging. I'll be talking to ASUS within the next couple of hours though and hopefully I'll get it taken care of.

Well the guy on the phone was rude to me. He probably was drawing pictures as I told him my information.

Looks good!

I just had to sell my Eee PC due to a screwed up axle that needs to be paid for.

Hopefully in June I'll have my cash flow back up because of summer and I'll be able to get this one.

I loved my Eee :( :( :( :cry:

Unless it exploded into little bits and pieces there's probably just some fried part(s) which can be replaced with relatively small expense.
But it's your choice.

Unless it exploded into little bits and pieces there's probably just some fried part(s) which can be replaced with relatively small expense.
But it's your choice.

I'm sure it could be rebuilt. I don't really have the time to screw around with it right now though so I am just going to part it out and sell the rest of my PC clutter and rock this new laptop.

Man, I'm lost on what to do. I'm still not down with an Eee yet. I got it all planned out but im just not sure weather i should wait for the 9 inch with windows because im not looking at paying out for XP again.

Bump for an old but great thread on the EeePC. Bought mine back before T-giving '07, still in love! See the "itty bitty" link in my sig. I'm running Ubuntu 7.10, upgraded to 2gb RAM and use an 8gb SDHC card for file storage.

I didn't see any reference here to the eeeusers forum, but it's a great place for information on whatever plans you have in store for your eee. The WIKI is packed with relevant information, as well.

Man, I'm lost on what to do. I'm still not down with an Eee yet. I got it all planned out but im just not sure weather i should wait for the 9 inch with windows because im not looking at paying out for XP again.

IMO just wait for the 9inch.

One of the biggest disappointments for me was the resolution. The bigger resolution will make a big difference.

Back