• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PS3 Update problems.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Seriously, it's kind of scary that there is a good chance one bad update is going to mess up the console. Especially if that console is out of warranty, and you are out of luck.

You have got that right. After I get something to eat I am gonna give sony a call. Just woke up :santa:

Seriously, it's kind of scary that there is a good chance one bad update is going to mess up the console. Especially if that console is out of warranty, and you are out of luck.

Well not if it was verifiably *their fault*.

But the same is true with anything. Bad firmware update for your DVD-R drive? Kiss it goodbye!

Same with a hard drive, or a video card, or a toaster, or ANYTHING.

Oh, it was less than 3 months? Please tell me you got it at Wal Mart. If so, just go exchange it and be done with it. Be sure to do a restore to wipe any personal data first.

Oh, and use a thumb drive to back up all the save data too. Nothing worse than losing all your game saves.

Oh, it was less than 3 months? Please tell me you got it at Wal Mart. If so, just go exchange it and be done with it. Be sure to do a restore to wipe any personal data first.

Yeah, walmart, or sam's club. Definitely one of those two. The fact that he is a manager at walmart shouldnt be an issue in returning ;)

He hasn't played jack on it yet, so it wont be an issue. Already backed up all the little data that there was during all this.

Yeah, walmart, or sam's club. Definitely one of those two. The fact that he is a manager at walmart shouldnt be an issue in returning ;)

He hasn't played jack on it yet, so it wont be an issue. Already backed up all the little data that there was during all this.

Exellent! forget sending it to Sony then

Back