• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PWM help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's designed to be able to, but you will probably not be able to control the pump speed. It would be best to separate them. Pump on CPU-Header and Splitter with other fans on Sys_fan header. There are some minor differences (i.e. 3.3v line) between Sata and molex but for this application no. They will both provide the +12v that the fans require.

Did your molex splitter have a PWM cable to connect to your MB and was it connected to a 4 pin PWM connector on the MB?

It's designed to be able to, but you will probably not be able to control the pump speed. It would be best to separate them. Pump on CPU-Header and Splitter with other fans on Sys_fan header. There are some minor differences (i.e. 3.3v line) between Sata and molex but for this application no. They will both provide the +12v that the fans require.

Did your molex splitter have a PWM cable to connect to your MB and was it connected to a 4 pin PWM connector on the MB?

Okay, that's what I thought..

It's this one: http://www.akasa.co.uk/update.php?t...ype_sub=Fan Cable Adapters&model=AK-CBFA03-45

So it's pretty much the same as the one you linked then?

Could it be that my SYS-FAN1 is'nt true PWM? I read somewhere that some motherboards has voltage managed headers instead of true PWM. If it's like that, it would explain why the fans would be at 100% with the extra PSU power. Really hope it is'nt...

I'm not sure if that one is wired the same. It may just supply the 12v from the molex and use the PWM to motherboard for "... RPM feedback for motherboard". Again I'm not familiar with that one but I know the Swiftech one does work the way you'd expect.

Looking at the MSI board the CPU and SysFan1 headers are PWM and the SysFan2-4 are 3 pin voltage controlled. Is there an off chance that you didn't set the fan speed in the Bios or set the speed in the wrong fan header? Maybe didn't save the Bios on exit? Just spit balling here.

I am now back from my holiday, and back to try to fix my PWM.

I changed my BIOS for overclocking, but this caused the dissapearence of speed control for SYSFAN1. I can control CPUFAN, but not SYSFAN... Why is this?

The 5-fan AKASA splitter with molex is now running all the fans, but I can not control via BIOS (missing option), and not through SpeedFan.

What to do?

EDIT*

I now run the 5-splitter via CPUFAN, and have disconnected the PWM for my pump. This works, I can control my fans now, but the pump is running at 100%. I have to fix the SYSFAN1, so I can run my pump via PWM. But I have no idea how to fix this...

(Great temperatures now though at idle lol, GPU at 24°C, and CPU 25-32°C)

Last edited:
Back