• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quad Crazy!! WARNING ALOT of pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Newegg definitely rocks no question.

I had a few things that I thought were going to be issues with a purchase from them, and much to my surprise and delight they fixed everything. No questions asked.

all I can say when I even glance @ this project is :drool: I mean i'm not that experienced with doing my own mods and builds yet, but i still can appreciate the time and money you pumped into this thing. Kudos man, you and I need to go out for drinks sometime. :beer:

QUADZILLA BREATHS!!!!!!

2 of my 4 sticks of memory are bad causing me to not have video. Thanks to Jason4207 for smackin me around and suggesting I check the obvious, I found the 2 bad sticks. Took em out and I'll be damned if it didnt start up and go into the bios!

Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Move over Brollocks.......COMMIN THRU!!!

Well I'm sure Quadzilla is gonna whip my Wolfie's *** big time, show us some benchies soon !!

If you didnt allready have DDR3 purchased and in your hands Id try to convince you to go DDR2 and get a Foxconn Mars. PCIe 16x-16x, Xfire, all the bells and whistles and clocks like a sonofagun.

But you allready have DDR3....so....

Heh :(

Id prob hold out for x48 if you are married to that DDR3 to be honest, but thats just 1 mans opinion.

Would really suck to look at that whole rig waiting to go and held up by a mobo release though......

To be honest, Id grab some DDR2 that you either have lying around, or pick up some cheap but quality stuff (PC6400 is like $30-$40 for 2gb of Corsair XMS2 or Crucial Ballistix and they both will easily clock at 1100+, likely 1200 for you), get an interim P35 board and plan on upgrading to x48 when it comes out and dust off your DDR3.

MARS is P35, and I thought all P35 were 16x-4x. :confused:

I still recommend it to everyone, though! That or wait for Black OPs which looks friggin awesome!

QUADZILLA BREATHS!!!!!!

2 of my 4 sticks of memory are bad causing me to not have video. Thanks to Jason4207 for smackin me around and suggesting I check the obvious, I found the 2 bad sticks. Took em out and I'll be damned if it didnt start up and go into the bios!

Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Move over Brollocks.......COMMIN THRU!!!

Glad to help! :beer:

OK, here's the rest of the pics you guys have been wanting. This is the last of them for a while.

Notice how close the card comes to the SATA connectors with the pink sticker. Can only fit 1 sheet of paper between them.

Attachments

• Pic187.JPG
    Pic187.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 876
  • Pic191.JPG
    Pic191.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 1,373
  • Pic198.JPG
    Pic198.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 874
Quadzilla is parked in the corner and will stay there until the X48's come out. This motherboard is totally flaked. I think it may have fried the rest of my memory or its just seriously wigged out. I am drop kicking it out the back door.

I finished putting it all together, double and triple checked everything, stared at it for about 15 min and then checked it all again. I started it up, the dos screen popped on, I watched it to see all the parameters so I missed going into the bios. No biggie, will let it see there is no OS and just restart it. When it got to the No OS screen it shut off by itself, restarted and I am back to square 1 again, no video and it keeps shutting off and turning on in about 5 sec intervals. I moved the memory to the other slots, took them out and tried just 1 at a time, even left them out. Nothing. No beeps, No video, No startup.

So Quadzilla is dead. SIGH.......... Gave it hell tho didn't I? Hopefully the X48's will be out soon and it wont collect dust for too long. I just hope I didnt hurt the memory, prolly did the way my luck is going.

man that totally sucks... all that plumbing and the board wont even boot enough for you. Thats weak, seriously weak

* try's to us his Resto Shammy Abilities on the Quadzilla. "live Damnit! Live!"
man that sucks that ur board fried, and it was such a coo rig too, hopefully it we eventually see the light of day and breath again.

It's only a matter of time....this is to be expected w/ a build of this magnitude. Be patient Danielson!

:)

BTW, those pics are :eek::drool::eek::drool::eek::drool::beer::beer: :bday:

MARS is P35, and I thought all P35 were 16x-4x. :confused:
I still recommend it to everyone, though! That or wait for Black OPs which looks friggin awesome!

Hmm....I thought it was 16x-16x, but after doing some more research and reading I think I am wrong. Cant find definitive info 100% but the little bit I have seen seems to be 16x-4x just like other P35.

I likely am wrong with my original statement that the Foxconn Mars is 16x-16x. Does anyone know for certain? (sorry....slightly OT here....)

Sorry to see Quadzilla die such a sudden death man :cry:, maybe all the water around scared the begeezes out of the mobo.:eh?:

Well, I have confirmation that ALL P35 is 16x/4x. I was wrong about the Mars being 16x/16x.

Yea...I'm so disappointed. I worked so hard and was so careful with everything. I'm just praying that it didnt trash my memory. The Egg is already replacing 2 sticks and maybe there was nothing wrong with them, not really sure. I am convinced it is the MB. Been strange ever since I first installed simply because it did not lay flat. It wasnt warped much, but I have never had one that did not lay flat on the standoffs before. In hind site I should have sent it back immediately. I'm second guessing everything now and that is irratating me to no end. I was so ready to get started.

I am going to wait for the Foxconn Blackops x48. From all the reading on it I think its going to be 1 of the fastest, most powerful MB out there. Plus you supposedly have more control over bios than ever before. Everyone keeps saying that it is still a young bios and needs work, but they also say that they are wroking hard on it. It has already set a 3dmark record for a single 3870 so far, so I have read, and someone also had it 3dmark stable at 6GHz, on LN2 of course. Sounds very promising.

I will say this, the bios will have more settings than anyone has ever seen, layed out totally different and more user friendly and I will be so confused. I will need help with it for sure. Perhaps I can be the test bed for this motherboard. I will surley have the system to crank it to max on water and the 9650, if I can get the guidance of some of the masters here. They used a 9770, which I didnt even know was out yet. I am hoping that maybe we can get it stable at 5GHz on water. Always the dreamer eh?

Back