• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

QUICK HEADS UP EBAYERS-- I just caught a SCAM!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
These PayPal & Ebay scammers are still at it! I just got another bogus PayPal Email! If it looks like this, it's a SCAM:

Paypal spoof 1A.gif

Clicking the "click here" linky brings up the following:

PayPal spoof2.gif

PayPal spoof3.gif

Tell your friends about it, & ABOVE ALL don't send these idiots ANY info!
-Dave

I hope those responsible didn't get away with scamming anyone. Now THAT would suck to happen.

I made an effort to put a few nasty remarks in the input fields and push the submit button

ok this is kinda necroposting, but i deem this important. As much as i would like to punch these guys in the face, i don't think using their scam system to ***** at them is very productive. It is much better to report to the proper authorities WITHOUT warning the rippers that someone's onto them, that their cover has been blown. If the scammers are any good, they'll cut all connections between that email and themselves, and simply start a new scam since there are SO MANY possible ones nowadays. A lot of dumb people are online, even some scammers, so it is possible that they'll keep posting this while paypal and ebay track them, but there's no need to WARN them that they are being tracked :)

emilio

Back