• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 290X + Corsair WaterCooler Hydro Series H90

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

onix

Registered
Hello, im trying to use the kraken G10 in order to use the Corsair WaterCooler Hydro Series H90 - CW-9060013-WW on my GPU.
My question is: is that watercooler will be suficient or should i use another watercooler?

Im using a Corsair WaterCooler Hydro Series H105 240mm CW-9060016-WW on my fx 9590 processor. Should i swap to my GPU?

What is hotter: my GPU or my CPU?

I'm not sure what one has to do with the other. The kraken is a standalone unit, and so are the corsairs, and they are sealed. So I am not sure how you would attach one...

Unless I'm just short caffeine this morning or something!

I'm not sure what one has to do with the other. The kraken is a standalone unit, and so are the corsairs, and they are sealed. So I am not sure how you would attach one...

Unless I'm just short caffeine this morning or something!

The Kraken G10 is is a replacement shroud that allows you to use an aio kit on a gpu, https://www.nzxt.com//product/detail/138-kraken-G10.

OP, both run very hot, so it's up to you. Temp wise the 290X runs hotter than your cpu. However, you really can't run your cpu it on air.

Agree. Both chips run very hot. I wouldn't go no less than a 120.2 AIO cooler on each one if you want decent temps.

I say go even bigger on the rad if you can. I recently put my 290x on a single Phobya G-Changer 360 v1.2 with a full cover block and she heats the rad up pretty good after a couple hours gaming, no oc.

Nice story there, I am surprised. ^ :cheers:

And as to what is hotter onix, your CPU or GPU, haha when you figure it out let me know too.

Thanks for replying, guys. Im trying to find a way plug another Corsair WaterCooler Hydro Series H105 240mm CW-9060016-WW on my case. Maybe on the side of my case. What do you think?
My case is Vengence C70.

Hello guys, i found a solution. i have that case: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-c70-mid-tower-gaming-case-military-green

In description, it says that i can put 2 240mm radiators (1 top and 1 bottom). So, i will buy another Corsair WaterCooler Hydro Series H105 240mm CW-9060016-WW.

My question is: on the bottom radiator, should i put a negative air pressure (air comming out the case) or i put a positive air pressure (air comming into the case). I'd like to know your opinions with pro and cons.

Unless you are after every degree C (like someone that benchmarks), I would have proper airFLOW. So front/sides/bottom = intake, top/rear =exhaust.

As a side note, postive/negative pressure isn't really defined by the direction the fans move air. It is defined, in the case of PCs which are not remotely a sealed enclosure so pressure is a very relative term, as having MORE of intake than exhaust (positive) or MORE exhaust than intake (negative).

Remember that the radiators are gathering heat from one or more components. You need to move that heat out of the case, not share it with other components in the case.

Robert you make very true points and what you state is in fact optimal for best temps. But in most cases, you would be surprised at how little difference it made to temperatures. In my 'not properly radded' loop that consisted of a 295x2 (500W) and a 5820K @ 4.2Ghz (~140W), totalling almost 650W to dissipate through 2x120mm worth of rad and 3x120mm worth of rad, those GPUs got up to 60C, while the CPU never broke 55C (stress testing was a few C higher all around for the record).

This was in a Air 540 with the front 3x120 getting fresh intake air, while the top 2x120mm received case warmed air. The difference between the fresh intake air (22C) versus what the top rad was taking in (30C) was around 8C. Of course every case will be different. But the best scenario in my case was 8C gains all around which even in my 'not enough rad' loop, I still had plenty of headroom.

I am a bencher and still didn't worry about 'odd' airflow and 'every degree C'. I guess the point is, its easily possible and in most cases, the difference is less than what I experienced (again assuming a properly radded loop).

I'm actually in agreement with the entire airflow principal. Note the number of fans I have in my sig. Good airflow is the best choice no matter the direction, the key to lower temps. And it really doesn't matter the scenario. A few years ago we added 3 fans to a 30mftsq warehouse's 5 fan configuration and dropped the temps noticeably in the summer for anyone working out there. Interestingly enough, the added fans were interior and only helped move air down the aisles towards doors for exhaust, which already had fans moving air from one end of the warehouse to the other, exhausting it in conjunction with normal outdoor wind direction. The key was understanding that the materials in storage were heatsinks (not computer heatsinks, just objects that absorbed heat) and keeping the air from stagnating about them relieved those heat issues. This was a summer-in-Texas issue. Winter time and we shut the fans off, let the heat ooze out of the stored goods and basked in the warmth!

I tried this:
water_cooler_290x_gigabyte_windforce_seidon_120M (2).jpg water_cooler_290x_gigabyte_windforce_seidon_120M (3).jpg water_cooler_290x_gigabyte_windforce_seidon_120M (4).jpg water_cooler_290x_gigabyte_windforce_seidon_120M (5).jpg water_cooler_290x_gigabyte_windforce_seidon_120M (6).jpg water_cooler_290x_gigabyte_windforce_seidon_120M (7).jpg water_cooler_290x_gigabyte_windforce_seidon_120M (8).jpg water_cooler_290x_gigabyte_windforce_seidon_120M (9).jpg water_cooler_290x_gigabyte_windforce_seidon_120M (10).jpg water_cooler_290x_gigabyte_windforce_seidon_120M (11).jpg water_cooler_290x_gigabyte_windforce_seidon_120M (12).jpg water_cooler_290x_gigabyte_windforce_seidon_120M (13).jpg water_cooler_290x_gigabyte_windforce_seidon_120M (14).jpg water_cooler_290x_gigabyte_windforce_seidon_120M (23).jpg water_cooler_290x_gigabyte_windforce_seidon_120M (24).jpg water_cooler_290x_gigabyte_windforce_seidon_120M (25).jpg water_cooler_290x_gigabyte_windforce_seidon_120M (26).jpg

GTA V:
GPU: 75 > 53 VRM1: 65 > 60 VRM2: 63 > 57
Dying Light
GPU: 82 > 56 VRM1: 74 > 65 VRM2: 70 > 62
CODIII
GPU: 78 > 54 VRM1: 68 > 62 VRM2: 64 > 60
Stress via Aida:
GPU: 83 > 57 VRM1: 78 > 66 VRM2: 73 > 62

Stable 1100 GPU 1500 Mem

Back