• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

random blue screens not under load

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Whale me thunked atair "Frakkster" wuz frum duh souf uv UK sew wuz jes speke suvern tuh heem. Hehehe.

:chair:

Loosely translated (I think): "If the bios has controls to turn off power to the PCI slots, try disabling the unused ones and see if that puts less drain on the 12+ rail."

I think it was in Cajun. He's from Mississippi.

:rofl: Thank you. I had no idea what was happening.

Loosely translated (I think): "If the bios has controls to turn off power to the PCI slots, try disabling the unused ones and see if that puts less drain on the 12+ rail."

I think it was in Cajun. He's from Mississippi.

Missur 'trents', U iz magnificance. + him mat haf a tru set pwr tuh duh slotz in uset. So he coodah uppen amps pwr to slotz hes rally usen. Sumem AMDuh moboz hav hat settin in beos. Heps ot sumtimes. Raze pwr limits tu slotz N use.

Yes...

MR. "Frakk" might get this even beta.

Some of the AMD muvverboards 'ave a bios menu settin' that allows ter disable the unused PCIe slots and ter set a power limit for the bloody slots that are actually in use.

Uppin' power limit drorn fru the slot itself can often 'elp the bloomin' video card ter perform better.

RGone...ster'd. :chair:

I enjoyed Justin Wilson.

Man I sincerely apologize from the heart of my bottom for blowing up your, 'for real' thread and 'real' issue. I mostly promise not to do so again.

I don't feel so bad since I think I emailed you the answer to your problem.You did get the second email right?

RGone...ster. :chair:

No problem. A little diversion is enjoyable sometimes. No offense taken at all. My niece is staying with us this week and she's occupying the room where my desktop is so my access to it is limited right now. We'll just put this thread on hold for awhile I guess.

I did take BB2's suggestion and I checked the 12v+ rail voltage in bios and it was 11.95 or something so it's probably okay.

@ RGone.... lol thanks, that made me giggle :)

I will have a look at turning off what the MOBO is not using, but honestly.... high end stuff overclocked high on a mid range MOBO,- i think its about time i got my self a high end MOBO to match.

Since we are mullti overclocking a midrange board (think a few power phases and heatsinks on them) are all you need. ;)

Since we are mullti overclocking a midrange board (think a few power phases and heatsinks on them) are all you need. ;)

Thanks :) but how many more heat sinks does it need? and where would they go?

picture.php

I too read that and had some wonderment, but then I know "E_D" is a very sly fox at speaking sometimes. Not bad but hitting with the impact of a sledgehammer when the thing stikes home.

Now take this alone >> midrange board (think a few power phases and heatsinks on them) << I finally decided he meant this: A midrange mobo has only a few power phases and heatsinks on them. I think he meant that just a minimum number of power phases and heat sinks does not a performance board make.

But that is my reasoning on what I think he wrote. Maybe he will come bye shortly and give us the real skinny. RGone...ster.

I too read that and had some wonderment, but then I know "E_D" is a very sly fox at speaking sometimes. Not bad but hitting with the impact of a sledgehammer when the thing stikes home.

Now take this alone >> midrange board (think a few power phases and heatsinks on them) << I finally decided he meant this: A midrange mobo has only a few power phases and heatsinks on them. I think he meant that just a minimum number of power phases and heat sinks does not a performance board make.

But that is my reasoning on what I think he wrote. Maybe he will come bye shortly and give us the real skinny. RGone...ster.

ah.... ED, i'm English. so you need to speak a mixture of German, French, Latin and Dutch. Thanks.

ah.... ED, i'm English. so you need to speak a mixture of German, French, Latin and Dutch. Thanks.

Ahyee mabe iss ul halp.

Since we are mullti overclockin' a midrange board (ffink a few power phases and 'eatsinks on them) are all yer need.

No matter what language we write in, I think we all have to laugh at ourselves sometimes if we go back and read what we writ.

cpuid hardware monitor reads voltage about .05 volts or so low on my asus board.
I am seeing this on many screenshots. my psu puts out 12.56 volts and hw monitor shows 11.68 so this is a pink chicken as my fluke never falls below 12.3 volts.

go into device manager and uninstall one item at a time and reboot each time, this will reinstall each driver.
anybody know a better way????

Back