• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random Freezing. PLEASE HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Computer did become unresponsive with 2nd GPU about 20 mins into gameplay. But I did run Msi kombustor on it after the fact, for about 40 mins, to stress test and it came out fine.... I'm stumped.

Froze again... About 2 minutes after startup. Pulled up hw monitor and it just froze. I give up. All this shot is getting RMA'd for a refund. Thank you all for trying to help

Getting 850W Corsiar PSU is the best decission you made. I saw suggestion for 650W, to run two GPus and even 6870............. System would have underpowered.
Never buy PSU from Rosewill..... they are crap....... real crap.
Buy the one made by seasonic.
Corsiar TX and HX series are made by Seasonic. not CX- or M series though.
PSU is the most important part of your System and when it fails very likely it will take quite a few of your expensive other PC parts with it.
For your Still Freezing issue......... very likely driver issue.
To start with......
1) Download latest Driver for your Videocard on your desktop.
2) Uninstall your complete video drivers (i mean complete) better use a software driver sweeper than built in Add/Remove from Control panel.
3) Remove One of the Video card and install latest Driver from AMD website(not from the CD/DVD came with your Video Card) and check if frezzing continues and then after only go for adding second Video Card.
3)

Had to bump this because I am currently having an identical problem. I believe is has to do with the 6870's. If you let it sit for a while does it unfreeze? I recently found this out and have noticed it says the AMD drivers have crashed. Have done multiple fresh installs of operating system with latest drivers and still have the problem. This leads me to believe it might simply be the new drivers that are messing it up. Going to test earlier versions of the driver and report back

went back to two different earlier drivers, didnt solve the problem. uninstalled and driver sweeper so it was done correctly. im stumped...

have you checked for a bios update?
most motherboards require a bios update to run the fx cpu.
one other thing i have seen on new builds is installed cpu voltage being to low, stock should be about 1.35 volts.
you might also try resetting the rtc/cmos, that process is in your board manual.

good luck.

have you checked for a bios update?
most motherboards require a bios update to run the fx cpu.
one other thing i have seen on new builds is installed cpu voltage being to low, stock should be about 1.35 volts.
you might also try resetting the rtc/cmos, that process is in your board manual.

good luck.

Ya I have the latest bios update. The weird thing is is that it didn't seem to start freezing until right after I had updated my bios from 1101 to 3202. Now I am on 3402 with same issue. I know my vcore fluctuates with the processor speed. I haven't actually seen it get to 1.35 when watching it on cpu-z though. Running i5 2500k and p8z68-v pro mb. Maybe I should just disable the auto cpu stuff and manually set it to 1.35 and desired speed

It is time for sure. Middle of someone else's thread and no idea what parts and pieces you have in the computer case.

Sigs are pretty easy. Signatures follow you in every post in the forum so your system information follows you and people know what is in the box.

Be logged in to the forum.

Across the top of the forum is a button shown as 'user cp'. Click that button.

On the page that loads are a list of options down the left side of the page.

Under the Settings & Options menu area is a Edit Signature listing. Click on that listing.

Clicking Edit Signature opens another page. In the middle of that page is where you Edit YOUR signature.

Enter your information there and at bottom of the window you are entering your signature is button for either Preview Signature or Save Signature. Do save and you will have your signature incorporated into the forum in each of your posts. Of course Preview Signature will let you see 'how' your signature would appear in the forum. But in the end the Save Signature must be clicked to save it to the forum.

You can look at my signature for a template of some good stuffz to put in one's own signature when seeking help.

Good luck man.

It is time for sure. Middle of someone else's thread and no idea what parts and pieces you have in the computer case.

Sigs are pretty easy. Signatures follow you in every post in the forum so your system information follows you and people know what is in the box.

Be logged in to the forum.

Across the top of the forum is a button shown as 'user cp'. Click that button.

On the page that loads are a list of options down the left side of the page.

Under the Settings & Options menu area is a Edit Signature listing. Click on that listing.

Clicking Edit Signature opens another page. In the middle of that page is where you Edit YOUR signature.

Enter your information there and at bottom of the window you are entering your signature is button for either Preview Signature or Save Signature. Do save and you will have your signature incorporated into the forum in each of your posts. Of course Preview Signature will let you see 'how' your signature would appear in the forum. But in the end the Save Signature must be clicked to save it to the forum.

You can look at my signature for a template of some good stuffz to put in one's own signature when seeking help.

Good luck man.

Haha good point. Fixed

Rgone bees da hamma man, 2 legit 2 quit.
sounds like we need to go back to the original bios, and start over with just one video card.

asus released bios#1101 and i updated to that and things just went to pot so, i backdated to bios901 and everything went right back to normal.

Last edited:
Back