• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Realbench shows 0c temp on Ryzen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd guess the former. It can be read, we know that. But w/e in RB isnt reading it.

Much like Real Temp, Real Bench is probably also geared more towards Intel.
Realbench and Real Temp are not associated or made by the same person. It is a generic stress testing application without bias AFAIK.

Last edited:
Ah ok Gotcha.

I've never really used the application until I saw this thread. I do believe it's generic because you don't see many people really using it for serious stress testing.

Thanks EarthDog.

Silicon lottery at least used to. It was/is a fairly popular alternative to the likes of p95, ibt, etc...

Shrimp, are you referring to Realbench or Realtemp as being generic? I think Realtemp actually has a built-in stress test as well that is pretty wimpy as I recall. Haven't used that tool in years.

Realbench has become my go to stress tester and I believe it is a balanced tool. As CPU architecture and instruction sets have changed we have seen some shift away from some of the traditional stress testing tools like Prime95 because they are just too harsh and generate artificially high temps for those without exceptional cooling.

Last edited:
Actually I was quoting EarthDog based on RealBench. Id take his word on it.

I dont use Intel so real temp is generic for AMD.

Instruction sets havent changed as much as being added to.

Processors havent changed much through all the years. All considered x86 and information is passed through tansistors by 1s and 0s as they always have.

I used to really stress test hard. Everyone would make a proof with just a single long test. Some years back Id run OCCT and Prime95 back to back and was pretty much over kill in some eyes.

I dont care what you personally use to stress test. I find it important but sometimes counterproductive. In the sense that you stress one componant at a time.

What I do now for stress testing is different and probably not up to OC industry standards. But works for me just like Realbench works for you.

I want to confirm that the OP is correct for some reason realbench 2.56 is not reporting the cpu temp anylonger, it just reads 0 degrees. This is very strange cause it has always worked on my I7 7700k.
I have not upgraded any components aside from ssds and its the same version of software. I just went to benchmark & stress test my cpu/memory with realbench but for some reason it wont show cpu temp anymore, very strange.
So it appears its not just ryzen cpus.

I will use revo uninstaller to uninstall & do a clean reinstall and see if that makes a difference & report back.....

Well that plan fell through. Real bench 2.56 doesnt show in add/remove programs so I cant do a thorough uninstall with revo uninstaller and a reinstall didnt change anything. Here is a screenshot of it working showing temps just fine a few months ago on the right and on the left is today
none of the temps are working, just showing 0 degrees. If anyone figured out a solution please post

I4hPNnp.jpg

I think Realbench is kind of a sandboxed app and doesn't integrate itself into the registry like most programs. That's why you don't see it in the list of Programs and Features.

Yeah I guess a chipset update may be the culprit for the temp sensors not functioning any more? Its the only thing thats changed

Back