• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacement PSU for zalman 400w, anyone got some ideas?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jognt

All round good guy
My P4 pc has been having stability issues since the day i built it, it hangs in post where it says the name of the CPU, it will hang before it finishes "Intel" as name, or it will say "CPU unworkable or changed, please check softmenu in BIOS" or even a combo of the two..

my guess is that my PSU is the problem, because it can handle 15a on the +12v line, and i read in a thread that with a P4 youd want to have maybe higher than 20amps.. and then the fact that i also have a radeon9800pro begging for power, makes me wonder... also, when i hook up a qtec multipanel that my dad bought, it would hang again, ive unhooked the thing, and now its "stable" again, still sometimes some problem, but not with hanging at POST..

anyway, my conclusion is that i need a new PSU, and im wondering what i shall take...

Enermax 365AX-VE-GFM 350W EUR 54,00
+3,3V 32 A
-5V 1 A
+5V 32 A
+5Vsb 2.2 A
-12V 1 A
+12V 26 A

Enermax PSU 460W(no name added on site....) EUR 129,00
+3,3V 35 A
-5V 1 A
+5V 35 A
+5Vsb 2.2 A
-12V 1 A
+12V 33 A

Enermax 465AX-VE-GFM 460W EUR 89,00
+3,3V 35 A
-5V 1 A
+5V 35 A
+5Vsb 2.2 A
-12V 1 A
+12V 33 A

Enermax 465AX-VE-GFMA 460W EUR 94,00
+3,3V 35 A
-5V 1 A
+5V 35 A
+5Vsb 2.2 A
-12V 1 A
+12V 33 A

i just sifted through all the enermaxes and noted every PSU that had more than 17A on the 12v rail... any of these good?

If you want to know what i can choose from as a total, go to this site
its a dutch site, so you may not be able to read it, but it shows the names, and if you click on the image left of the name, you will see the info they have on that PSU..

please help me :(

edit:

my current PSU:
Zalman PSU 400W ATX
+3,3V 28 A
-5V 0.3 A
+5V 40 A
+5Vsb 2 A
-12V 0.8 A
+12V 15 A

Are those the only power supplies available? I'd personally stick with a fortron or antec, but of course I don't know what power supplies are available in the Netherlands. I had one bad experience with a 350W Enermax and that was enough for me.

thanks for the replies :)
jlin, if you follow the link in the first post, you can see whats availeble at that store :)

another store has got antec's and vantec (?) but they dont list the specs, and i cant find em myself either :/
these are availeble:
Antec Smart Power PSU ATX 350W 12V Blue 79 euro
Antec True Power PSU ATX 480W 12V Blue 139 euro
Antec True Power PSU ATX 550W 12V Dual Fans 149 euro

Anyone know anything about these PSU's?LINK

edit: would you want to explain what that bad experience was jlin?

low rails and stability problems with my 350W Enermax, problems that went away when I switched to my 350W Fortron(Sparkle).

You got money? ;) If so, go for that truepower 550W. If you don't "NEED" such a powerful power supply, the 480W True Power would be good also.

do you know where i can dig up the specs on those PSU's? im 17 and i have a hard time at school, so no job/money :/ id have to stare at my father with puppy-dog eyes if i want that :/ though i can try :)

Newegg.com lists the specs on those. It's a great research resource even if you can't buy from them.

Also, Enermax PSUs tend to be slightly over-rated. That site you linked has some Thermaltake PSUs which are generally pretty good, and I've also heard some good things about Enhance.

Back