• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rheobus LED's switch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
alright, when i go to bed, i like my room to be basically DARK. i put a piece of paper over my mouse, cold cathodes get turned off, and normal motherboard lights arent bright enough to notice...but the LED's that are behind the dials on the rheobus ( www.pcmods.com ...the 3.5bay one) make quite a bit of light. i dont want to altogether cut the LED's off, but is there a way i could make a switch so that i can turn the LED's on and off?

btw, the led's are variable, so when i turn the fans up, they get brighter.

thanks for the help

RangerJoe

I believe that if you can, find the wire that provides the negative to the LED and splice into that with a SPST switch from the Shack.

If that does not work, or you can't figure it out. Post some pics of the back and close-ups of the wiring.

thats simply fixed, maynot be the solution u are looking for but.. i have 2 cathodes inside my pc and none have switches and they are really bright through my window on the case. When i sleep i am staring right at the window and inside the pc at the lights so i get a pillow and put it over the window and its gone, darkness.

so u could get something like a pillow, jumper blanket or something quite thick to hide it :)

Back