• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ripjaws V 2133mhz 2x8gb overclock on B350 boards. Worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tanasen

Hello there,
I have the 2x F4-2133C15-8GVR kit right now. I am planning on an upgrade from my i3-6100 system and considering switching to a B350+R5 1400 combo in the near future, cause it is cheaper than getting a used i7 skylake/kabylake while selling my current combo. Will I be able to overclock my ram kit up to 2666mhz on e.g. a AB350M Pro4 motherboard (I'm aiming for a cheap B350 board)?
Has anyone tried overclocking this memory on a cheap B350 board?
Thanks in advance!

a good indicator would be to see what you can get out of them with your current rig. it isnt an exact science but you should still get close to the same with the b350. hitting 2666 with loosened timings may be doable.

a good indicator would be to see what you can get out of them with your current rig. it isnt an exact science but you should still get close to the same with the b350. hitting 2666 with loosened timings may be doable.

I'm on a H110 motherboard right now, so that's why I'm asking. I can't find any info anywhere on how much you can overclock this ram kit. Thanks for your input.

I'm on a H110 motherboard right now, so that's why I'm asking. I can't find any info anywhere on how much you can overclock this ram kit. Thanks for your input.

Not all kits are alike, so what ever info you may find may or may not work with yours. The only way to find out is by trying them on your setup. Also note that they may overclock differently on an Intel setup Vs' an AMD. I'd be surprised if you couldn't get those sticks to 2666 though. Have a look through the memory test list from our resident memory overclocking guru Woomack. Maybe it will help you.

Not all kits are alike, so what ever info you may find may or may not work with yours. The only way to find out is by trying them on your setup. Also note that they may overclock differently on an Intel setup Vs' an AMD. I'd be surprised if you couldn't get those sticks to 2666 though. Have a look through the memory test list from our resident memory overclocking guru Woomack. Maybe it will help you.

Ok I'll have that in mind. Like I said I have an H110 motherboard at the moment, so no overclocking options.

I found out from userbenchmark that a system with an MSI B350 Gaming Plus using this memory kit managed to clock it at 2800mhz. Although there is no way of finding out how stable would that be. Other results showed that this memory can overclock up to 3000mhz on Z170 boards.

Tanasen, in most instances when comparing Intel chips to AMD as far as memory goes, Intel will usually be able to run the ram faster. That said for gaming once you get above 3000 Mhz on the Dram the gains are minimal at best. I also believe from what I've seen that the Ryzen Cpu/Motherboard combos have matured enough where most will run 3000 to 3200 Mhz. That all said, no one will be able to tell you whether the 2133 sticks you have will be able to run higher then stock on either platform. It will be merely a guess until one tries and sees.

Back