• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rythembox in Ubuntu 8.10 locks up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crackers

Registered
Rhythmbox starts up fine, go to play a song, and it locks up. Try to close it and it takes a few minutes, then I can finally close it. I have the required codecs and such to play MP3's. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Start it from a console and try to reproduce the crash while watching the console output.

Has it imported all your music?
If it's trying to import music (especially if you have a large collection) then it doesn't like to play music too. Once the collection is loaded it responds much better.

I personally, hate Amarok - the style doesn't look the way i like it and it's a bit of a pain. Rhythmbox is my favorite music player (though it lacks some functionality that I do like to have)

I didn't really like Amarok either. I preferred Banshee but it wouldn't recognize my player.

I personally, hate Amarok - the style doesn't look the way i like it and it's a bit of a pain. Rhythmbox is my favorite music player (though it lacks some functionality that I do like to have)

I prefer Rythmbox too, but the lack of an equalizer (or even an e.q. plugin) makes me want to punch some developers.

Back