• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 3 1300X voltages and heat.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trickson69

So I have managed to hit that magic 4.0GHz on this CPU but man the VOLTAGES!!!
So far to hit 1.4Volts in this P.O.S. Bios ( what a stupid way to setup a BIOS BTW) by setting the Dynamic Vcore (DVID) to +0.180v in this BIOS (P.O.S.) that gives me a grand total of 1.404v. Holy voltage Batman your going to FRY it!!! :screwy: , Then there is this OTHER voltage setting That is Dynamic Vcore SOC (DVID) Set this to +0.150 this gives me a grand total of 0.984v (Though I am not sure what this voltage does not much information on this I think it has something to so with the memory controller or something like that.)
Not going to keep it at them Voltages or speeds as I am on the stock cooler and seeing 65* running one hour of Prime95 is not going to cut it for me.

My questions are, What the Heck is this Dynamic Vcore SOC (DIVD)? And what would be a voltage to use? ( I just turned it up like a moron yes!).
And is 1.404v Safe for 24/7 use?
And yes this week I am going to install an H7 quad Lumi HSF on this R3!

It's fully "stable" at the settings but the temps are just WOW. 45* -55*c on the VRM WT??????
And the chipset gets smoking HOT too! WT????? I mean like hitting 50*C and higher! Not too cool pun intended!

Any thoughts/ recommendations?
Would love to see this CPU go higher.. 4.0Ghz is great but is there MORE???? :confused:

1.4V is typical voltage for 4GHz, sometimes even more. It's safe up to 1.45V ( at least officially ) and when temps are reasonable.
VRM and most other stuff can go up to 90°C+. Motherboard will faster turn on protection ( temp, OCP, OVP and some more ) than anything will burn ( at least good motherboards should do that ).

+0.1V SOC is max safe, not sure what you have on your board but usually it's 1.2V max and above that is marked in red.
You won't need higher SOC unless you want to set high memory clock.

Thanks.

so it is part of the memory controller.?
The voltage setting in the gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gamming 3 MB are far from user friendly. You need to be a computer electrician to understand the thing! I mean it. it goes something like this :
-0.0000000 - +0.2000 (think that is the max or some thing like that) but the real setting just to get 1.4Vcore is +0.180 that seems strange to me in fact it makes absolutely no logical sense to me as to why Gigabyte made the BIOS so Cryptic! I can not make heads nor tails of it and KNOW that this CPU can go way higher if the BIOS was more user friendly! Or at the very least less cryptic and nor linguistic!

Last edited:
Its not the motherboard. There isnt way higher (than 4ghz) in those chips unless way higher is defined as ~100mhz.. 4.1ghz if you are lucky on any board.

On ambient cooling max is ~4.2GHz on the best chips but most won't be stable above ~4.05GHz. 4.4GHz is possible on high voltage and better cooling like anything sub 0 but then many of these chips have other problems.

I am going to be testing some new air cooling options nothing exotic will be done, just normal TM and no modding will be done to IHS.
In theory I should get better temps although that seems to be suggestive depending on the software reader one uses.
Such as HWmonitor or CAM excreta read my CPU at idle 25*c max idle temp 28*c and 45*c- 70*c 100% load.
The BIOS shows 45*c idle and so does Gigabyte control panel seen it hit 70*c in Control panel so I figure from that it has to be as high in the BIOS.. This is why I say suggestive. Yet the one that bothers me the most is the one from the BIOS as I know the CPU takes it's readings from that and NOT some third party software that is OLDER than dirt! So defeating them temps is the key yes.

Can't wait to see how temps are with the new cooling I am getting..
High hopes can be dashed so I will keep my expectations low as in I may at best get 25-28*c in BIOS idle so I am expecting only about a 2% drop in overall temps this is from the stock cooling I have at this time on The Ryzen 3 1300x . as that will be getting the H7 Quad Lumi that is currently cooling the FX8300 at 1.4v and 4.2GHz Max 4.4GHz just do not like seeing 70*c so 4.2GHz is the 24/7 gaming use.

Last edited:
I have a question about your voltages in BIOS. Can you not just type in the voltage you want. I can on the Giga board I have been using for the last week. Should be right above the dynamic selection just hover on it and type 1.4 enter.
And Woomack is right, 95% of Ryzen CPUs max out at 4.0 GHz or earlier. Some have a hard time with 3.9 GHz

No you can not just type in the voltage you want on my MB it gives you intervals and it starts from like -.0000 to like +0.200000 or something like that it is REALLY complicated and NOT user friendly at all.
I have HEARD of some hitting 4.4GHz is what I was saying and yes mine out of box on stock cheep cooling hits 4.0 with 1.4v.
My chip and MB seem to be doing just fine. My R3 1300X is hitting 4.0GHz just fine I have tested it and even posted some of the results I do believe.

24/7

Ryzen3 4.oGHz CPU-Z.jpg

So I do think there maybe some more room.

The Ryzen 5 I was working with capped out at 4.1Ghz @ 1.45v no matter the cooling or voltage. (Never tested sub zero as it wasn't mine to risk) I know the R3's are a different chip but it's all the same architecture so you're likely at or near your limit. YMMV of course.

My hopes this Saturday are to replace the stock cooler with the H7 Quad Lumi.
I must say this cooler is great at cooling the FX 8300 but I am getting the V8 Pro Cooler Master HSF this weekend and will be installing all new HSF for both my AMD rig's.
I hope that I will be able to see lower temps as that is what counts IMHO. If I can get more from them I will for sure.

I don't know if the V-8 has improved but my impressions were just a big paperweight. Definitely not worth the money for the cooling it provided. I would do some research first trickson. Mine is ~ 3-4 years old.

Meh on the V8. I've seen some pretty bad comments on it.

Ninja's By a much faster typr.

Trickson said:
It's like everyone say's you wont be able to get past 4.0GHz on that Ryzen NO way!

Well I have hit 4.4GHz Not stable because of RAM BUT I will get that sorted out soon.
This is saying you accomplished 4.4 GHz (to prove a point there it seems...)........I'll leave it at that. ;)

Anyway, I see at Hwbot a 4.4 GHz 1300x. It was running sub ambient temps to get there (and run WPrime on all cores). Otherwise, on water I saw 4.135 GHz... though admitedly, there are not a lot of subs there for the CPU. These all hard stop on ambient cooling around 4-4.2 GHz, where anything above 4.1 is gravy. Hopefully that cooler helps you out get breaks down that barrier for you!

EDIT: Ick on teh V8. Look up some reviews... its frightningly mediocre.

Wow, nice job Tricky. If it's just the ram holding you back try adding a little voltage. Maybe drop it down a tick in speed or loosen the timings.

Back