• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Screen Resolutions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Scott9027

My screen's native resolution is 1920x1200. I would like to change the resolution to 1680x1050, but the only option in the Display Properties > Settings > Screen Resolution is 1600x1200 which does not use the widescreen properly. How can I force it to use the resolution I choose?

Hmm switching lower could cause some distortion, if the text is to small try large fonts and see if that helps. If you really want to force it and you have an NVIDIA GFX card then go to your nvidia icon, click it, and go to nvidia display>your display

next click screen resolutions and refresh rates, then click "add"

correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds to me like your graphics card may be limiting your size. I could be very wrong, but I would say get new drivers at least. If that doesn't work, sounds lik eyou need new graphics card! Always wonderful when you find excuses to upgrade :)

It's not limiting the size because I can use the highest resolution which is 1920x1200. I wanted to use a smaller one. However, after giving it a few days, I've gotten used to the higher resolution and now I don't want to change anymore. Something to be said for giving things a chance.

Back