• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

screwed up updates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

87dtna

OK running windows 7 x64. While updating, I lost internet connection due to my ISP sucking. So now, I cannot get past these current updates (which includes service pack 1). Apparently it thinks it downloaded them, so it won't redownload them and the updates just keep failing whenever I retry. Rebooted, tried manually checking for updates and retrying the install but it fails everytime.
I don't know what to do now short of reinstalling the OS which I don't want to do. Any ideas? I would just leave it not updated except not having .net framework updated is screwing with my stuff.

It looked like it was going to work because after I ran that bat file it said it had never been updated, so I hit update and this time it re downloaded the updates....but still failed!!! OMG, such a PITA.

I assume you ran the batch file from Option Three; To Reset and Re-register Windows Update Components AND Reset Update History in One Easy Click? And what happens when the updates fail?

yes.

It just says updates failed, and gives me a try again button.

Yeah actually i had already tried that before posting. It said it fixed some things but not others. Windows updates were still failing. It was worthless.

I'm just going to reinstall the OS I guess, I don't have much choice.

Very good info i am running into the same problem on one of my hdd so i just took it out since it is old any way and swapted it with the new

thanks

Go into Windows Update and unselect all updates. Select the oldest ones, a few at a time, until you get to 2012. Then group updates should work after that.

Try resetting Windows Update...

How to Reset Windows Update in Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/91738-windows-update-reset.html

I am using the Link you have provided so far option number 1 has failed it got to 5 out of 8 and failed

6l3m.jpg

I will try option 2 :)

Back