• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thaks guys, experience will help a lot. I have to figure out id theres a special bios or something for the CHVz. I'm limited by cuurent. The R 15 which is a harder bench always locks up on me. I managed another 400MHz this time by setting 140% in bios for CPU current but that's max.

IMOG pushed a chv with a 8320. Search through his posts or drop him a pm for some hints. I don't know of anyone that has pushed that setup any harder than he did.

Thanks Xsuperbgx but I talked to him the first time I had one of these running. I do need to learn how to use PSCheck if I want one of those 8Ghz validations.

Good news though. I did a test fire on the 580 and it looks like it survived. Didn't have a HS on it so it was quick Made it to windows and no artifacting. :clap:

Good to hear, burning up hardware gets expensive

Yeah it does and that one is a bit sentimental I guess. It was the very first time I bought the top of the line GPU at the time. I even thought I was nuts for spending that much. :screwy:

Just killed a p4 d 950 did not like 1.7 volts at least I hoping it the chip that dead and not my REX. going throw in a Cel d 352 and see how that goes. its 77 degrees in my place right with the windows open plus it rained, this is the most frost I've seen on my board ever so don't know if I should even try to boot the board back up.I'am Scared :(

Edit-:mad: didn't boot with the 352 that sux's hopefully the board just needs to dry out finger's cross

Got some caps in yesterday- cap mod for hd 4890 was going to do volt mod and OCP mod but having a hell of a time soldering to the copper pads so going for my first VID mod just need to figure out what resistor is what caps.jpg vidmod.jpg

Last edited:
High humidity sucks for cold benching. I did one in the summer and had water running everywhere. Hope you just need to dry and it'll boot again Q_F. Sucks when you lose a good board.

Hope so too bought the REX for my 20+ 631 to look for a 8 gig chip should move to LN2 this summer wife got 1 more month of school- even though I believe my Maximus Extreme is a better board

You'll love the cold stuff if you haven't played with it before Q_F. Nothing compares after.

I've made a few subs for that comp but I'm more focused on the Montreal thing right now. The cinebench posts were a bit of warm up for th CP competition. It'll be more fun than the OE sports thing any way.

They did decide to add comp points with league points there just trying to figure out the point system so guess I'am force to play along with OE sports

It is something to play with. It's just finding the time. When it rains it pours you know.

Don't really need it but I'm a sucker for a good deal.

Capture1063.jpg

I finished adding results to Crucial Elite 4x4GB DDR4-2666 kit thread:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...-4x4GB-)-DDR4-2666-CL16-1-20V-BLE4K4G4D26AFEA

I wonder why noone is interested in this memory. Wherever I post results then I see no comments at all. I understand it can't make 3200+ clock but at 2666-3000 it's beating generally everything and doesn't need high voltages to make good results. Well, it's not scalling with anything above 1.45V at all ;)

I will probably move to something else soon and will put this kit into my brother's pc for a while so if you wish to see any additional tests then let me know.

Back