• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
While researching batch numbers on the 4790k's it seems most or all are coming from Vietnam now. FTR there doesn't seem to be any strong or weak batches which is pretty surprising considering they are manufactured at so many different places.

Last edited:
Thanks
I somehow missed that. Probably all pre 2015 CPUs were still manufactured in other factories. I wonder how it affects chip quality. Malay chips are usually worse in OC than Costa Rica. P4 from China were the worst as I remember..

Finally passed 6k TPP ... for almost a year when I was getting closer to 6k I was losing 200-400 TPP in 3-4 days ...
It doesn't change much as I will probably lose it soon ;)

Great job Man:thup: I've been losing points pretty steady lately too. Haven't had any time to fire up the machines.

Now you're cooking with gas man. Just don't break the poor thing before the 15th ha ha

Nice, that hat come with the board? Blaylock? Very cool.

Wow woomack, way to go. :drool:

That's actually the acc. bag. It has the sata cables, i/o panel, etc. Pretty fancy schmancy eh?

Thanks :) ... now I'm trying to run something on a sony laptop with i3. It has some issues like screen was going blank but it's stable after connecting to a monitor. After removing cover and checking some connectors it seems fine so I'm not really sure what's going on. Anyway I can test it. Nothing special but i3 2310M and GF410M. I don't think the team has points in all benchmarks on this hardware.
I have also GTX280 in mail but I have no good CPU for 3D tests and Z97 board is still in RMA so I guess that gfx card will collect dust for some time.

I have it but it's my only modern platform so I don't want to kill it. All other stuff already died, went to RMA or is simply old/slow or degraded. Actually I'm thinking to maybe get Z97 OCF but my budget right now is really low. Gigabyte Z97X-SOC will go for sale when it back from RMA.
The biggest problem is that I can't sell anything. I set auctions over 3 weeks ago and nothing, I'm only lowering price to adjust market changes. If I won't sell anything then I won't get anything new :( That GTX280 cost me ~$30 so I can live with that but Z97 OCF cost here $250+ shipping and that's promo price right now as average price is about $300.

yea, but sure there will be new gen boards to go with Broadwell soon enough

Guess we will find out if any are as strong as the z97 OCF

Thanks :) ... now I'm trying to run something on a sony laptop with i3. It has some issues like screen was going blank but it's stable after connecting to a monitor. After removing cover and checking some connectors it seems fine so I'm not really sure what's going on. Anyway I can test it. Nothing special but i3 2310M and GF410M. I don't think the team has points in all benchmarks on this hardware.
I have also GTX280 in mail but I have no good CPU for 3D tests and Z97 board is still in RMA so I guess that gfx card will collect dust for some time.

Sounds like an onboard GPU problem to me. But could also be bad connector for the laptop's LCD screen, or a bad backlight.

I guess I would lean towards a bad connection/wire break in the screen's connector, since it seems to be working with an external monitor.

Back