• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can believe it.
As said, this isn't all of it, just what I was able to set up for a shot in a hurry, there's plenty more here too.

I received 2x HD7970's with full EK Waterblocks and 1 backplate along with the stock fans from Hardass today. Just need to find a bridge for them.

20150622_183431.jpg

So far it beats the R9 285 but not many subs to go by. Catzilla and Gpupi, I am getting 3dmark going now...night benching!

In for the results

John, let me know if you can't find one, have like 20 of them laying around. I can send you one

I got 290X Matrix on sale 2 days ago ( price about as your store price but here it was $250 below reference 390X price ;) ). So far it's the about average card with 70% ASIC but at least not bad. After seeing performance/price of Fury X and some other new cards I decided to get 290X which is much cheaper and not much worse.

I have R9 370 on the way from HIS too. Probably nothing special as it supposed to perform between 270 and 270X but still worth to play with it.

I sold my 290x but wish I kept it. I couldn't deal with the heat, it's stupid because I'm looking at the fury and it can't run much cooler. If you try you can get a 290x for $250 or less here used but the fury is supposed to be over $600. The R9 380 doesn't have an ASIC / not available.

I sold my 290x but wish I kept it. I couldn't deal with the heat, it's stupid because I'm looking at the fury and it can't run much cooler. If you try you can get a 290x for $250 or less here used but the fury is supposed to be over $600. The R9 380 doesn't have an ASIC / not available.

Maybe GPUz isn't updated enough to read it yet ?
I have a R9 380 in my hands right now actually. :)

Now the 380 = the 290 right? same ram?

I believe it is...

390x = 290x
390 = 290
380 = 280 or 285... not sure.

I haven't taken it out of the box yet.

W1zzard @ TPU just released GPUz 8.4 that supports the AMD lineup.

390X = 290X-4GB
390 = 290-4GB
380 = 285 ( so lower than 280X or 7970 )
370 = between 270 and 270X

There won't be 7970/280X refresh anymore ( finally ) but they keep refreshing 7850/7870/270/270x. Probably because AMD needs direct competitor against GTX960 and they have nothing new with lower wattage. So far everything "new" is 250W+.
Anyway 390X seem pointless as it has performance of 290X while it cost much more and 8GB won't be used for a long time ... when this GPU will be too slow to handle so much data.

Sounds like the Fury X will be the only worth while card

Fury X Lightning ? Anybody see or hear anything on this ?

Sounds like the Fury X will be the only worth while card

Fury X Lightning ? Anybody see or hear anything on this ?

It will be worth something if anyone figure out how to clock it high. For now OC is not much higher than 50-100MHz and memory is not overclocking at all. Without +500MHz these cards are worse option for benching than average GTX980, not to mention 980Ti. Out of popular benchmarks performance is between GTX970 and GTX980Ti.

It will be worth something if anyone figure out how to clock it high. For now OC is not much higher than 50-100MHz and memory is not overclocking at all. Without +500MHz these cards are worse option for benching than average GTX980, not to mention 980Ti. Out of popular benchmarks performance is between GTX970 and GTX980Ti.

So far it looks like AMD really crapped the bed this time around.

I only remember one, the Aopen 945gtm, and if I remember right el-maxii had one and didn't like it.

edit:
Yohan motherboard responding to woomack's earlier post about looking for a motherboard.

looking around I see an ecs but don't know anything about it, if I remember right they didn't have overclocking options back then but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Back