• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I only remember one, the Aopen 945gtm, and if I remember right el-maxii had one and didn't like it.

edit:
Yohan motherboard responding to woomack's earlier post about looking for a motherboard.

looking around I see an ecs but don't know anything about it, if I remember right they didn't have overclocking options back then but I could be wrong.

I saw one board on i915 but it's not available on auctions ( forgot how it's called ). Aopen board is available and I also saw Shuttle board but both have no OC options. Shuttle has weird power connector as it was designed for mini PC designed by them.

@devlos , no info about any non-reference Fury X yet. I don't think that any good series will be out in next ~2 months as AMD had delay with samples and I just don't think that most manufacturers had time to prepare something already.

So, these came in... ;)

Asus M4A79 Deluxe AM2+ 790FX Chipset
Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P AM2+ 790X chipset

Wasn't sure which was better, so I bought them both. Though the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P would probably be a good match for the GA-MA790XT-UD4P (AM3) I already had. At least one of the two new ones should be able to handle the power draw AM2/AM2+ chips demand when overclocked. My other two AM2 boards' couldn't handle the power draw and would always shut down under load.

Also, a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P for LGA1156. It should hopefully do better than the previous two LGA1156 boards I had bought last year (IIRC), one of which has a bad socket (broken off pins) and the other of which has USB ports that like to randomly cut out.

Nice, I've been keeping my eyes open for a good AM2 790 board for a while. Just don't want to pay the money they're asking on Ebay

YES but document it all with pics. Did you have to sign or was it just left at the door like that?

Johan45 said:
Did you have to sign or was it just left at the door like that?
Har har - it was supposed to show up yesterday, so I was already anxious/upset as I paid the premium for overnight delivery.

I was waiting and barley missed him somehow, he didn't knock but the dogs knew.

I open the door, looked down and saw the box.

At this time the dude is jumping in the van and taking off and I am all going Archie Bunker on him, he barley glances my direction and takes off...

ahh, he obviously did not want to deal with me, har har...

Anyway, no biggie. I knew what was in the box and wasn't too worried. I am getting my shipping refunded though. So,
gomer16.jpg
IMG_0618.JPG IMG_0615.JPG

Draw your own conclusions! Thanks to Acce55, I have to try the G3258 this weekend. The i7 I have actually already had on the shelf for a week or so.

Other Junk (of course I just couldn't order the G3258) - more small thumb drives 2.0 and 3.0 for boot drives, so I dont have to muck with CDs. And SSD accessories for all the SSDs I seem to be acquiring.

BUYERS ALERT - I had to grab the SSD bracket with the fan! It was $4.95!! the same bracket without fan was like $7!? pf which I got two. Should have just bought three with the fan as the fan appears easily removed if desired.

Cheers All!

Good that nothing was broken but man I laughed at the description of the delivery guy. Guess he knows how much you like your PC

So, these came in... ;)

Asus M4A79 Deluxe AM2+ 790FX Chipset
Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P AM2+ 790X chipset

Wasn't sure which was better, so I bought them both. Though the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P would probably be a good match for the GA-MA790XT-UD4P (AM3) I already had. At least one of the two new ones should be able to handle the power draw AM2/AM2+ chips demand when overclocked. My other two AM2 boards' couldn't handle the power draw and would always shut down under load.
You'll enjoy both of those boards. The Asus board has a slightly more aggressive romsip table. Both boards are very good bench boards with the right bios.

Awesome find earlier today...

I reported about a month ago, that my Dad gave me a handful of older working status unknown CPUs most of which are 775 socket.

He also gave me a generic Gigabyte board (according to the box it was in) to use with them. But today i opened the box.......

755board.PNG

I don't want to get too excited yet but all those shiny bits and the DDR3 sockets are giving me the fizz.

According to the limited reading i've done so far this is not a bad find right?

To be honest i am struggling to find time to even get my RR scores up to scratch, so i dont really need the distraction.... but its shiny

I remember all were laughing at work when they saw this box for the first time. I mean first delivery and about 20 guys in the warehouse making jokes about it for couple of hours :p ... don't forget that some series had glowing in the dark connectors and IDE/SATA cables :D
I always liked how Soltek boards were looking - purple or white PCB and connectors. Something unique that days.

Agree, there were some crazy looking boards in those days

DFI always had a colorful board , Back then typically used Asus/Abit boards though

Yeah I'm going for the ole blast from the past. Been doing some trading etc.... And should have these on the way shortly Socket 939- 3400+,3000+,3200+,4000+ 4800x2. am2 is 3200+,4200x2 Am2+ 7750BE a PII B55 and then this DDR500 Geil.

photobucket-5674-1382504555477_zpsc565ef1e.jpg

Back