• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your hardware. New toys, old toys, current victims of hardware abuse.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My first self-made case was wooden with plexi sides. It wasn't bad but was too big and I had to switch it to something else. I simply couldn't fit it under the desk. Wood is quite easy to work with and gives nice effects without any expensive tools. To make IO/mobo mounting can use old case and that solves probably the biggest problem.

Too big = more room for more cooling for more pushing.....(that sounds vaguely innuendo-like)

I have a spare mobo mount from a deepcool Tesseract *that I am eventually going to mod into an electronics bench testing power supply w/ DC terminals and analog output displays. Also maybe turn it into a prettier fan controller.*

Godd stuf funsoul, now you can play ! What's the work on the other equipment? still down?

Thanks Johan45! Getting there! While out in PA, dropped my ss and cascade off with NoL (I started a thread in the extreme cooling sub-forum for those). Figure I'll (continue to) hang out for the next few weeks, try to finish testing all my ddr3, sell a few mobos, cpus and sticks and basically get ready for when the cooling equipment's back then get benching again. Plan to use the ss or cascade to get the hang of mobo/cpu pairs before hitting the nice chips with the ln2. 35L doesn't go THAT far so want to be ready to 'hit it and go'.

Once everything's done will have more options...thinking of doing stuff like cpu-cascade, vga-ln2, ram-ss or cpu-ln2, vga-ss, ram-cascade, etc. Already have nice vga mounts (thanks bartx!) that'll work with the ss/cascade evaps.

I am SOOOO psyched!!!

Knowing south texas. If i had a car, and that in it......Some moron would call the cops, bombsquad would come out and try and blow it up >.>
Yeah...I hear ya'. I used to live in Houston and would definitely think twice about driving around with something like that in the back. hehe

After a year , I finally got mine working again, it really is a lot better than man handling the thing

New Skylake setup.

capture1246.jpg

capture1247.jpg

Back